Chapter 2- Its happened.

Daryl and I walked through the forests pathway.

"I'm gonna get you outta there" Daryl said looking straight ahead.

"Daryl, I'm scared to go back. Dad and mom, they've been more aggressive lately." I look down.

"Jess you aren't gonna be there much longer, I'm trying to turn my life around. I'm going to get custody of you, and you won't have to be scared anymore" he looks at me and smiles.

"Thanks.." I gave him a bear hug.

"Help me!" We heard someone scream we turn and see a woman with a bite mark on her arm.

"Oh my god" Daryl and I run to her side. I look behind her and see a thing, it wasn't alive.

"Lets get back to the house" Daryl says. I turn back around and the thing is following us.

"Daryl look" I point behind us.

"Hey! stop!" Daryl yells. The person I'm assuming continues to walk towards us. It was groaning and moaning as if that's all it could do.

"Daryl lets just get her help!" I shout at him.

Daryl and I take the woman and we finally approach the wooden house, in the middle of the woods.

"Joe?! dad?!" Daryl hollers as we barge in.

The only person that comes out is mom from the kitchen.

"Jess, where have you been?" she asked, but then stops.

"Help me out mom" Daryl grunts. So him and mom bring the women to the couch.

"What in the world happened?" she asked me. Pretending to care what happened in front of Daryl.

"I don't know." I say bluntly.

"Ma'am you with us? what's your name?" Daryl asked her.

"Francine" she was able to spit out.

"You can't be here! there coming! dot want to end up like me. there's nothing you can do to fix me" she coughs.

"Jess we are leaving." Daryl says grabbing my arm.

"Daryl she is my child" my mom protest grabbing my other arm.

"Don't pretend you care about her! you don't think I know about the beatings?! the insults?! I used to live here MOM, you and dad treated Merle and I like a piece of crap! now you're doing the same with Jess!" he hollered.

Making my mom let go of my arm.

"Fine take her, she was a bigger disappointment then you." she spat.

I rolled my eyes and hopped into Daryl's truck.

"Where is Joe?" I ask Daryl before we sped off.

"I don't know... but we gotta get Merle, he's at the bar." of course! why wouldn't he be there?