Chapter 23- Her.

It's been a couple weeks since Carl and I decided to still be friends and it's been decent. He's been hinting he wants to get back together, but I just keep having to explain to him that I'd have to think about it.

We have welcomed new members to the group. Dan and his kids Ryder and Scarlett. They're twins and both Carl and I's age.

Carl has been ignoring me most of the day, he's to busy talking to Scarlett. Of course.

I walk by Scarlett and Beth's cell go see Carl and her making out. I stop in the doorway and start to tear up. Carl and I aren't together but there is no way we are ever getting together now.

"Can I help you?" Scarlett hisses.

"No. no you can't sorry for interrupting" I say walking away as fast as I could.Carl chased after me.

"Jess wait!" he grabs my wrist and spins me around so I'm facing him.

"We aren't together what's your problem?!" he asks.

"Doesn't me I don't still love you!" I shout causing everyone to look our way including Daryl.

"Just- just leave me alone. Go be with Scarlett." u shoved him away and walk back to my cell, which I shared with Carl.. And I can't move out because Scarlett is in Beth's cell... Great.

I plopped down on my bed and sobbed, until Daryl came in.

"Hey. Carl told everyone what happened." He sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry Jess." he says.

"I am too. I actually thought Carl and I had another shot but, I guess I was completely wrong." I chuckle because I was so foolish.

"I was foolish to think that he'd wait around for me." I add.

"Carl is just confused." Daryl says.

"I can't even be mad at him because we aren't together! he can do whatever he wants." I cry.

Daryl pulls me into a hug and I sob into his chest.

"Why does it hurt this bad?" I ask.

"Because even though you won't admit it, you miss him being with you.'' I nod knowing that Daryl is surprisingly right.

"Thanks Daryl. y'know you really are a great big brother?" I say.

"I try" he smirks.

Awwww! I live writing Daryl and Jesse scenes they're so cute. What do you think about Scarlett and Carl? tell me in the comments. :).