Chapter 35- Making it.

It's been three days since Jess attempted to end it, three days since I got to see that beautiful smile, hear that beautiful laugh and to hold her close to me.

I haven't left her side, me and Daryl we stayed with her. "Carl?" Daryl asks me from the corner of the room.

"Yeah?" I ask as I turn from Jess' body to hear what he had to say.

"Why do you love Jess?" He asks.

"She's the most amazing human being I have ever met. She tells me when I'm wrong, she is always honest, she doesn't kill unless it has to be done, she is the most caring human being I know. And she's beautiful, but that's just a bonus. I'm so glad I fell in love with her Daryl, instead of just making it I can live, she keeps me sane." I respond.

"I'm glad she has you." He smiles and I nod in agreement.

"Jessica please wake up, don't leave me" I whisper placing my head on her chest.

"Tell me she's gonna make it" I say to Daryl.

"You and I both know there's a high chance she won't Carl." He says sadly.

I nod realizing once again she may never wake up, she may never turn 16 and have her "sweet 16", I may never get the chance to ask her to be my wife, we might never get the chance to start a family or grow old together. My life may just die right here, right now.

I bend down next to her ear and whisper

"I'm not going to ask you to stay, but I don't want you to go, remember what you said to Mia before she died? It's okay to be afraid, I'm afraid Jess! I'm afraid of losing you forever; so please don't go. Stay here with me and we can grow old together, we can beat this world!" I start to cry.

JESSES POV

My eyes felt like concrete I couldn't open them, they were so heavy.

I felt someone's head on my stomach and realized it was Carl. Then all of a sudden I had the strength of a lion and I opened my eyes.

"C-Carl?" I call out and Carl's head appears above me and I smile. Then Daryl appears also. And then I begin to cry.

I pull Carl into a hug and then Daryl.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" I cry into Daryl shoulder.

"It's okay baby, your okay" he says back.

Then Rick comes in.