Chapter 15- This aint nothin.

When I woke up Carl was sleeping next to me. He must've wanted to make sure nothing else happened to me.

"Carl" I whisper shaking him, he slowly opens his eyes.

"What're you doing sleeping in my bed?" I giggle.

"Wanted to make sure you were safe." he says awkwardly scratching his hair.

Oh ya! I have a hunting trip with Daryl!

"Sorry Carl! I have plans with Daryl." I hop out if bed and exit the tent. running over to Daryl.

"Go wash up before we leave" he says pointing to the house not looking up from packing his arrows.

I run inside to the bathroom and when I look in the mirror and I stare in horror.

Randall left bruises and a cut on my neck. I touch it and I squint in pain.

"This ain't nothin" I whisper to myself.

Because it really wasn't, my dad use to beat me until I could barely breath, this was just a minor injury.

I splash water onto my face and try to cover up the bruises and cuts with foundation I found in the cabinet, it's all I could do.

I go outside to meet Daryl.

He looks at me and stares, oh no he notices.

"Jesse what that on your neck?" he asks. I sigh and wash the make up away revealing the damage.

Carl and Kaiser look from the picnic table, both of them cover there mouths.

"That purp do this to you?'' He asks angrily.

"Daryl it doesn't matter. this ain't nothing compared to what dad did." I say grabbing his wrist.

He nods sadly knowing it was true.

"Lets just go hunting, alright?" I ask

He hands me my miniature crossbow and we was off into the forest.

We walk silently for 10 minutes until Daryl breaks the silence.

"I thought I lost you yesterday." He says continuing to walk.

"I'm a Dixon it's gonna take alot more then a pocket knife to get me." I smile.

"Ya, ya it is" he say.

Then there was a crunch of leaves. we both raise our crossbows and see a squirrel, Daryl lets an arrow go and hits it in the back.

"Nice shot" I say.

"It's nothing" he smirks.

He walks to the squirrel and removes the arrow placing the squirrel in his bag.

"Do you think Shirley and Celina are alive?'' I ask Daryl.

"Celina would've been Mia's age when this started, its been a year. I doubt they're alive. sorry Jess." He says scratching his hair.

Him bringing up Mia made me upset.

He could tel I was upset because he gave me a hug.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought up Mia." he says rubbing my back.

"It's fine, I'm fine" I smile as I wipe away the tears.

"What're Shane's plans with that Randall guy?" I ask changing the subject.

"Don't worry about it." He says continuing to walk.

I stop dead in my tracks.

"He almost killed me! I'm basically 11 just tell me, What is Shane gonna do?" I ask again more angry.

"Drop it Jesse. now.'' he says turning around.

"Take me home then. We're done hunting" I say as I turn around.

I walk at least 1 km infront of Daryl, I didnt want to talk to him. It's the apocalypse I was forced to grow up.. He needs to get that. I'm not a child.

"I'm sorry Jess!" he tries to yell.

"Just leave me a-" I was cut off by a walker.

"Jessica!" Daryl runs but the walker tackles me to the ground.

"Help!" I shout.

The walker was just about to bite my neck but before he could I put my arm in its mouth. He gladly starts grabbing onto it but I grab my knife in my back pocket and stab it.

I look down at my arm, I saw bone.

"Jesse!!" Daryl yells as he approaches me.

"I'm sorry I'm so so so sorry." he say lifting me up and running home.

As we get closer to the farm my vision becomes a blur..

Then I pass out.

When I wake up I'm in the same bed I was in when I was shot.

I look at my arm and it's still there, which is a good thing.

But the bite it's not a bad as it was before, I couldn't see bone. But I was boiling hot.

I cough and with that Daryl and Kai run in.

"How long was I out?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

''3 days." Kai said, which explains my stomach, I'm starving.

"Why am I not turned then?" I ask confused.

"We think your immune." Daryl says sitting down on the bed next to me.

"You mean I can't turn?!" I ask.

He nods.

"That don't mean you get to go around getting bit by walkers." he chuckles.

"Obviously" I say.

"You just need to rest up." Daryl says.

"Oh and happy birthday" he smiles.

I totally forgot its my birthday! June 21st!

Then Carl enters the room.