Chapter 7- Without Mia Butler.

I get out of Carl's and Sophia's grip and look off behind the mountain, A beautiful sunset.

I collapse down to the ground and I scream. Everything we worked so hard to build just came crumbling down in a matter of seconds.

Daryl runs over to me.

"Jess!Jess! calm down sweetheart." I says wrapping his arms around me, once again.

"Where's Merle?" I whispered.

Daryl got quiet. Really quiet.

"Is he dead?" I simply ask.

"No, no nothing like that." He says.

"Then. What?" i ask getting angry.

"Merle's alive. Just without one hand." he states.

I get really nauseous all of a sudden. Maybe from the stench of the corpse or maybe it's the face my brother cut his own hand off, to survive.

Then I quickly get up and run to a bush and throw up whatever contents that were in my stomach.

"You alright?" Lori asks as she rubs my back.

"Ya. ya I'm fine, I didnt loose my bestfriend today. My brother didnt cut his own hand off. Our camp isn't destroyed! everything is fine and dandy!" I cry.

Lori pulls me into her arms and I cry, once again.

"It's getting late darlin' why don't you and Carl head to bed?" Lori asks.

I nod and make my way to the tent. The tent I once shared with Mia. the tent that once used to be used for 'girls night'. The tent that we used to play truth or dare. Our safe place.

I sigh as I enter the tent, and I see Sophia crying on her bed.

"You alright?" I ask her.

"My dads gone Jess" she cries. Since when is losing a person that beat you and your mom a sad thing?

"I'm so sorry." I say as I throw on pjs.

"Yeah. Me too." she says.

Then Carl comes in. Eyes puffy and red. He walks over to me and pulls me in a hug and cries.

Mia and Carl were the closest out of all of us. Carl always wanted a little sister, Mia was basically one for him.

I let a couple of tears escape my eyes, before Carl let me go.

"I'm sorry" he says as he takes his shirt off and gets under his covers.

"Don't be." I say as I crawl under mine also.

Life won't be the same.

Without Mia Butler.