Chapter 5- Water.

It's been a couple of days since we joined this group.

And I guess you could say Carl, Sophia and Mia are basically my "best friends".

We do everything together. from getting water for the group, to cleaning all the way to doing laundry!

They found a use for Merle, apparently he's real good on runs. Him and this guy Glenn usually make the smaller ones into the city.

"Jess we're headed for the quarry want to join?" Mia Asked coming into our tent.

"Yeah, yeah ill be there in a sec." I nod.

Mia runs out to catch up with them, as I was just getting out if bed; just waking up.

I look at my watch and it read 12:47. I really slept in.

I threw on a pair of jean shorts with a black t-shirt. and just ran down to the quarry.

I splashed into the water and it felt so refreshing. "Where's Carl guys?" I asked concerned, since I just saw him not even 2 minutes ago.

Then someone pulled me under the water. Carl.

"Oh my god! you scared the crap outta me" I laugh. "that was the point." he winked.

"Jess! Merle is headed out on a run with a few others, come say goodbye." Daryl hollered from camp. I roll my eyes and hop out of the water.

I run up to camp and see Merle packing up things for his run.

I run and give him a hug.

"Bye be safe." I say as I let go.

"Always am" he replies.

I nod and run back down to the quarry. "hey I'm back." I splash back in.

"IT'S NOT MY JOB!" I hear Ed scream at Carol, Amy, Lori and Jacque doing laundry.

Sophia was about to run over since Ed is her father and Carol her mother. but Carl and I stopped her.

"Let it be" I say trying to calm her down.

"He ain't supposed to be bothering her!" She starts to tear up.

Lori gets up and defends the group, only to be shoved to the ground and Carol getting a slap across the face.

Then Shane got involved, started beating the living hell outta Ed.

"Daddy!" Sophia breaks out of our grip and runs to her dads side. Carl, Mia and I run to lori's.

"You alright?" I ask. she nods.

"IF YOU EVER PUT ANOTHER HAND ON YOUR WIFE OR YOUR LITTLE GIRL OR ANYONE IN THIS CAMP AGAIN I WILL NOT STOP NEXT TIME, YOU HEAR?!" Shane yells at Ed as he gets off him.

Shane has officially lost it, he nearly killed Ed. Not that I care but still it was brutal.

I run into Daryl's arms. "whoa, hun you alright?" Daryl asks.

''Yeah. Totally, I didn't just watch Shane go a wall on Ed's face." I sigh.

"Go to yer tent, alright?" I nod and head back to my tent.

After everything went down it was around dusk.

A mustang drove up the hill alarms blaring. I look closely to see it was Glenn. Ugh, he is so stupid sometimes.

He drives into camp and hops out, alarms still blasting.

"TURN THAT THING OFF!" Daryl shouts over it.

Dale runs to the engine of the car and quickly takes out the battery.

"Are you insane you could've attracted all the walkers within 2 miles!" Shane yells at Glenn.

"Hey, I'm sorry. But I got us a cool car." he smiles.

"Andrea?! where's andrea?!" Amy asks Glenn panicked.

Andrea is Amy's older sister.

Then a moving truck pulled in. Carl And Mia stood by my side.

Carl always gets upset when people return from runs, because it only reminds him that his father is never coming back.

Andrea pops out if the truck and Amy basically jumps into her arms. Morales and his family reunite, I turn to Carl and he gets teary eyed.

T-Dog jumps out and hugs Jacque. I'm waiting on Merle. WHERE'S MERLE!?

"Hey, new guy come say hello." Morales says. as a man in a sheriffs uniform comes out from behind the truck.

Carl runs from my side yelling "Dad!" and jumps into his arms. Carl's dad isn't dead?

"Andrea where's Merle?" I ask.

She basically chokes. Why? Merle is alright, right?

"Jess i am so sorry, We had to leave Merle behind." Daryl was close enough to over hear.

"W-what happened?!" I asked really madly.

"He was attracting walkers, Rick had to hand cuff him on a roof." She says pointing to Carl's dad.

"You just left him there?!" I shout.

"Jess I am so sorry" she tries to hug me. "DONT touch me." I run into my tent.

Daryl follows.

"They just left him there, to die." I cry. Daryl pulls me into a hug.

"Darlin' I'm just as upset as you are" He says.

"WWe're gonna get him back. I promise" Daryl's adds.