Chapter 32- Thats why.

When I woke up Carl was still fast asleep, he looked so peaceful. So carefree. I sneakily removed his arm from around me and I left, going to the prison.

"Where's Carl, Jess?" Rick asks as he hands me a bowl of stale Cheerios.

"Asleep still." I say sitting down.

Maggie walks out from the cell block... She's a train wreck. Looks like she's been crying a whole lot. I can't blame her I mean she lost her little sister and her father.

Maggie grabs a bowl of cereal and sits next to me.

"How're you feelin?" I ask sympathetically.

"I'm losing it Jess. I see Beth and dad everywhere. I'm going insane" she whispers as tears flow down her face.

"Maggie don't talk like that. Your mourning, not crazy" I retort.

Then Glenn comes and sits next to Maggie.

"I'm glad your feeling better" I lie so Glenn doesn't worry. And with that I stand up and walk away. To find Kaydee.

I eventually found her, in the armoury with michonne and Daryl.

"Hey there's the sleeping beauty." Daryl teases.

I roll my eyes and walk up beside Kaydee.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask quietly. She nods and we exit the room.

We find a bench in the hallway and we sit.

"Look I have some things to say about what happened at safe-point." I announce. She nods.

"Go ahead" she answers

"You and Rick think I'm crazy. I can see the way you two look at me. I had more then a lot of reasons to kill my father. Not just for what he did the Beth and Hershel. He abused me Kay, he beat me whenever I brought home anything less then a B+ and he made me spend the night outside in the middle of a snow storm! I had ammonia for 5 weeks! I was in the hospital for 3! He ruined my childhood. Seeing what he did the my family to Beth and Hershel infuriated me. So I ended him." By the end of what I had to say I was in tears.

"Jess I'm am so sorry you had to deal with that" she was sobbing too.

"I just thought you needed to know why I actually did it" I stand up and walk away. Then as I turn a corner I bump into... Carl.

Oh no. He heard everything I said. He knows what my father did to me.

"Jess?" He asks. I wipe my tears away and give him a fake smile.

He pulled me into a hug And I broke down. My legs collapsed Carl and I were now on the ground and he was rocking me trying to make my pain go away. He cared.