Chapter 43- Terminus.

Picture of Duncan up above^^^

We've been walking since noon. Daryl insists that we go to this place called terminus, says that's where everyone would go. I personally don't think so but what do I know, right?

"Are we there?" I ask walking on the railroad track balancing as I go.

"About another mile" Daryl says back.

I don't know what it is but something is different with Daryl. Ever since the prison he's been closed off and weird.

I step off the rusty tracks and run up next to Daryl.

"What is your deal?" I ask quietly not wanting to cause a scene.

"What? Nothin. Jess I swear I'm all good." I shake my head in disagreement he's lying. I know he is.

"Stop lying to me and tell me what is really going on. Now." I say fed up.

He sighs "I love you Jess. Your everything to me, your my little sister and I could barely protect you back at the prison, what does that say about me?" He asks as he starts to tear up.

"That your human?" I say back. I've only seen Daryl cry a couple of times I'm not really sure what to say or do to make him stop. So I stop him walking and I hug him.

"I love you too" I whisper. Shayla and Duncan aw at the moment the quickly we get interrupted by three walkers.

I grab my knife and run up to the middle aged women walker who's just barely able to walk and shove my knife in her eye she falls limp and then I do the same to the man Walker and Daryl shoots the third one with his bow.

I look at my shirt and it's covered in blood, it's disgusting.

"How can you guys not be scared of those things ?" Shayla asks looking at us in shock.

"They are stupid we aren't. It's pretty easy to take Em down, well except when there's a herd. Then you get trouble." I say wiping my knife off on my jeans.

"Let's keep going" Daryl says walking over to the Walker and pulling his arrow out of its head.

I nod and walk beside Duncan once again. Shayla isn't very talkative she's very... Closed off? I guess you could say.

"So what was life like for you before the apocalypse?" I ask Duncan

"Well I'm the middle child or was at least. Shayla is the youngest, and Seb was the oldest. I was decently popular in highschool. I had a boyfriend his name was Jake. He died in the very beginning though. Uhm... My parents we politicians I don't know if you heard of them DARREN AND DANA TYLER "YOUR VOICE, YOUR CHOICE"

She said trying to impersonate a politician voice I laugh at her humour.

"Yeah I've heard of them! My mom always said how great it would be if a women actually won the election!" I smile. Duncan nods.

"Guys we're here." Daryl announced.

Question of the chapter:
Who is your fave character in the book?