Chapter 29- Going Out.

After I collected myself Carl came back from taking Kaydee to the kitchen.

"Jess you alright?" He scurried over and pulls me into a hug.

"Merle's gone" I whisper into his shirt. Carl's grip tightens around me as we share tears.

"I hate this place. I hate it." I whisper.

"Jess cmon don't talk like that." Carl tries to talk sympathetically.

"Losing Kaiser and Celina was hard enough! Now my own damn brother! I hate this place!" I shout collapsing to the ground.

"Baby-" Carl knelt down beside me.

"Don't" I say and he backs off. I sit on the cold hard ground and rock back and forth. Thinking what I could've done to save Merle. He was an ass, don't get me wrong, but he was my brother.

"Daryl, Carl, Hershel and Beth are going on a run." Carol says as she plants herself beside me.

" look losing flesh and blood sucks a lot, but sometimes it happens for the better." She says

" you can grow from this experience. Learn what to do and what not to do next time." Carol had a point.

"Go say bye to Carl and your brother before they leave" she nudges my arm. I nod and smile wiping away my tears and running to Carl.

I ran into his arms. "I'm so sorry baby, please forgive me" I whisper as he tightens his grip around me.

"I can never be mad at you" he kisses my cheek. "I'm glad" I smile planting a light kiss on his lips.

"Come home in one piece would you" I giggle. Carl nods and enters the car.

"How bout me?" Daryl jokes

I give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Come back to me? Keep Carl safe." He nods and with that the jeep exits the safety of the prison walls

3 hours later.

The jeep speeds in the gates and only Daryl exits the truck. Where's everyone else?!

"Where's Carl?!" I run to him.

He looks down with tears in his eyes.

"People. Bad people took Hershel, Beth and Carl. Someplace called SafePoint. I tried everything Jess I did. I even shot an arrow in a guys butt! I'm so sorry." Daryl says.

"Well we're going to save them. NOW."

After Daryl explains what happened to everyone else Rick, myself, Kaydee, Daryl, Glenn and Maggie take two cars and go to SafePoint.

1 Hour Later.

When we get there we see people on top of the 10' foot fence.

" what do we do?" I ask quietly.

" we take the out." Rick says everyone nods and Maggie takes her sniper and neutralizes the enemy.

" look there's a ladder." Glenn point out. After we all climb up, we casually walk down the street until I see someone all to familiar. My Dad.