Thirteen

I shook my head and started pacing away from the door. "He's not gonna do it right?" I asked Sam, he knew his brother better than anyone but the look on his face told me he wasn't sure himself. I ran back over to the door, banging on it again.

"There's gotta be another way." I shouted frustrated and Sam grabbed my arm calmly.

"Fai-" I pulled my arm away. "No! No Sam. He's going to kill someone with no clear indication that he has too!"

The door to the lab opened up and Dean stepped out, looking at me sourly before placing his gun down on the table. I looked past him where I could see Duane, sitting on the chair, alive. I let out the breath that I'd been holding and Dean looked down at his feet.
...

It had been almost five hours since Duane arrived and after taking multiple blood samples, Dr Lee and I were both sure that he wasn't infected. Dean, Mark and Sam stood on the far end of the room attempting to make some explosives for when we eventually left the clinic. I slid out of my chair, interrupting their conversation and staring straight at Dean. "He's not infected." I said sharply. I wanted him to feel bad, it sounded horrible but he was going to kill that boy and this proved that it wasn't necessary. Dean stared at me, I could see the guilt written on his features, he turned to Sam. "We need more alcohol." I could sense that I wasn't wanted in that conversation, and I didn't really want to talk to Dean at the moment so I offered to fetch it myself. I walked over to the supply closet bumping into Pam who was already inside.

"Oh hey." I smiled at her. "How you holding up?"

"Good. It'll all be over soon."

I nodded and walked past her, scanning the shelves for a bottle of ethanol.

"In fact, I've been waiting for this the whole time."

I frowned, finally finding the bottle of alcohol and grabbing it from the shelf. I turned to look at her.

"Waiting for what?"

"To get one of you alone."

She lunged at me, pushing me back into the shelves. I hit my back hard and struggled to try and push her away. I managed to knee her in the stomach and push her before running past to the door, gripping the handle but she'd locked it. I reached for the lock but she came from behind me, wrapping her arms around my throat and pulling me down to the ground. I coughed and spluttered for a moment all the while trying to push her away but she straddled me and punched me hard in the face. She grabbed the collar of my shirt and ripped it, exposing some of my chest and then with a scalpel she slowly cut into my chest. "NO!" I screamed but she just smiled at me. I heard the door banging from behind me, and Deans voice calling my name. Pam used the scalpel to cut her hand and quickly pressed it against the cut on my chest. "No, no, no, no, no!" I cried and tried to push her off of me. The door burst open and I heard three shots before Pam dropped dead beside me. I pushed myself to the side, Dean approached reaching out to pull me up.

"No!" Mark shouted, grabbing Deans arm and pulling him back. "She bled on her. She's got the virus."

I reached down to the cut on my chest touching it and looking at the blood, my eyes wide and tearful.
...
I'd been sat in the supply closet for a while, they'd given me a chair and locked me in whilst they discussed what to do with me. I tried to stay calm but it proved difficult knowing that any second, Dean could stroll in and release a chamber into me. I tried to think positive, he wouldn't do that. I was family, he said it himself. But he also said there wasn't time for a cure, and I didn't exactly have the time to find one. I didn't want to become one of them, I didn't want to hurt anyone.

The door opened slowly and Mark stepped in, alone, he was holding some rope in his hands.

"No." I said but I didn't move, I was too frightened. Dean stood in the doorway, but his eyes wouldn't meet mine and I took that as a sign that my fate was sealed. Mark tied me to the chair, once he was done, Sam entered and knelt down beside me, taking a dose of my blood.