Thirty Five

I stood as the wind blew my hair around me, I had a slight sense of unease but it was quickly replaced with a feeling of tranquility.

I frowned up at the night sky, wondering where I was and how I had gotten here. A loud high pitched sound rang out in my ears and I squinted at the bright light before me, bringing my hand up to cover my face until it finally dissipated. In front of me stood a man, I didn't recognise him. He was wearing jeans and a T-shirt. I frowned as his face started to come into proportion and then I shook my head.

"Daniel?"

He shook his head, his face remained stoic. "I am not really Daniel. You are dreaming, so you can't see my true form, I had to chose a face from your memory to present as." He stepped forward and looked around. I followed his gaze, beginning to realise where I was. South Dakota.

"Faith, your mind is filled with despair."

I folded my arms over my chest. "Who are you?"

"The place that you dreamt of, the place that Azazel brought you too, the place that Sam had died in. And the face I'm wearing, a man's death you feel responsible for."

I stuttered slightly. "You- you woke me up?" The high pitched noise and the light made me think about the first thing I saw and heard after waking up from my coma. "Who are you?"

He sighed and I blinked, opening my eyes to find myself sat in a diner booth. This time I was looking at my grandma, she looked a lot younger and I frowned before remembering the memory.

"This is Sheila's? My grandma used to bring me here once a month, the place went out of business a few years ago." I looked around recognising the staff members, the decor and the jukebox in the corner of the room. It wasn't playing any music, and I noticed everyone around me was moving in ultra slow motion.

"This is your mind Faith. Your memories, I'm just a visitor."

I looked back over to my grandma, or the thing pretending to be her. "Why? Why are you here?"

"I have to speak with you."

I snorted. "Well I figured that. Are you a demon?" I raised my eyebrow. "Lilith?"

She shook her head. "I am not a demon."

I raised my eyebrow again for an elaboration on what it was but instead it changed the subject. "You were awoken, almost a month ago now. Did you never question why?"

I sighed. "Of course I did, I researched for weeks. I can't find anything that can do what you did to me."

She nodded. "You and Sam Winchester were chosen by Azazel to open the devils gate. You released the demon Lilith who now wants to kill you."

I scoffed. "Is this a re-cap on current events? If so, I don't need it."

I looked back out to the diner, it flickered around me for a moment and when I looked back at my grandma, we were no longer sat in a booth, we were now at the hospital. Dr King sat before me and I frowned, trying to remember the familiar setting.

"Your internship interview. Not long before you discovered your ability." The man pretending to be Dr King said.

I nodded. "I remember."

"Do you know why you had that ability?"

I pressed my lips together. "The demon blood?"

He nodded. "Azazel chose multiple children, with the end game being one final survivor, one soldier. You were never supposed to be one of those children Faith."