We'll take care of him. ⏯ Z.M.

It was a rare night off for One Direction, and they had all decided to spend it together, just like old times. The boys had gathered at Harry's place for a movie night, a tradition they cherished deeply. Bowls of popcorn were scattered across the coffee table, and the room was filled with laughter and the sound of their banter.

Zayn, however, was unusually quiet. His eyelids drooped tiredly as he tried to focus on the movie playing on the screen. He had been burning the candle at both ends lately, pouring all his energy into studio sessions and promotional events. But tonight, exhaustion finally caught up with him.

Liam glanced over at Zayn, noticing his struggle to keep his eyes open. "Hey, mate, you look knackered. You should get some rest."

Zayn shook his head lightly, trying to fight off the fatigue. "I'm fine, just a bit tired, that's all."

But his protests fell on deaf ears as Louis stood up from the couch. "Nonsense, Zayn. You need to sleep," he insisted, gently taking the remote and pausing the movie.

Zayn blinked, surprised by the sudden interruption. "But we were watching—"

"We can watch it another time," Niall chimed in, already moving to fluff up the cushions on the couch. "Right now, you need to rest."

With a resigned sigh, Zayn sank back into the comfort of the couch, grateful for his friends' concern. As he closed his eyes, he could hear their hushed whispers around him.

"He looks so tired," Harry murmured, his voice filled with worry.

"We've been pushing him too hard," Liam admitted, guilt lacing his words. "We need to make sure he gets some proper rest."

"We'll take care of him," Louis declared with determination. "He's our mate, after all."

Zayn felt a warm blanket being draped over him, and he snuggled into its softness, feeling his body relax. Despite his attempts to stay awake, sleep soon claimed him, pulling him into its comforting embrace.

The boys watched over him fondly, their expressions softening as they admired the peacefulness that washed over Zayn's features. It was moments like these that reminded them of the bond they shared, a bond that went beyond music and fame.

"He looks so angelic when he's asleep," Harry whispered, a fond smile tugging at his lips.

"We should let him sleep," Niall suggested, already reaching for the remote to turn off the TV. "He needs it more than anything right now."

And so, they settled into a comfortable silence, content to bask in each other's company. As Zayn slept soundly, surrounded by the warmth and love of his friends, he knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, he would always have them by his side.

Hours later, the others had joined Zayn and fallen asleep. However, their peacefulness was now contrasting said boy's. 

Zayn stirred restlessly on the couch, his brows furrowed in discomfort as his peaceful slumber was interrupted by haunting nightmares.

His breath came in shallow gasps as he jolted awake, heart racing in his chest. Sweat dampened his forehead, and he shivered involuntarily, the remnants of his nightmare still clinging to his mind.

"Zayn?" Liam's voice broke through the silence, filled with concern as he noticed the distress etched on his friend's face. "Are you okay?"

Zayn blinked, trying to shake off the remnants of his dream. "Yeah, just a bad dream," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

But his friends could see through his facade, recognizing the lingering fear in his eyes. Louis was quick to move to his side, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "What was it about?"

Zayn hesitated, the memories of his nightmare still fresh in his mind. "I-I don't really remember," he admitted quietly, feeling a pang of embarrassment at his own vulnerability.

Harry sat down beside him, offering a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Zayn. We're here for you."

Niall nodded in agreement, his expression filled with empathy. "You don't have to face it alone."

Their words of comfort eased the tight knot of anxiety in Zayn's chest, reminding him that he was surrounded by friends who cared deeply for him. He let out a shaky breath, grateful for their unwavering support.

"Thanks, guys," he said softly, his voice barely above a whisper. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Liam squeezed his shoulder gently, a reassuring gesture of solidarity. "We've got your back, always."

With a sense of gratitude washing over him, Zayn leaned into the warmth of his friends' embrace, finding solace in their presence. Despite the darkness that had threatened to consume him, he knew that with them by his side, he would always find his way back to the light.

As they sat together in the quiet of the night, enveloped in the comforting embrace of friendship, Zayn felt a sense of peace wash over him. And as sleep reclaimed him once more, he knew that no matter what nightmares may come, he would always find refuge in the love and support of his One Direction family.