Nah, it's nothing... ⏯ N.H.

Niall groaned, clutching his jaw as another wave of excruciating pain shot through his mouth. "Bloody hell, this hurts like crazy," he muttered, slumping down on the couch in the tour bus.

Harry glanced over from his seat, concern etched on his face. "Mate, you've been complaining about your teeth for days now. You really need to see a dentist."

Niall waved him off dismissively. "Nah, it's nothing. Just my wisdom teeth acting up. I'll tough it out."

Liam shook his head, exchanging a worried glance with Louis. "Niall, you can't keep ignoring this. Wisdom teeth pain can get serious. You need to get them checked out."

But Niall, ever the stubborn one, shook his head adamantly. "I said I'm fine, lads. No need to fuss over me."

Zayn, who had been quietly observing the exchange, finally spoke up. "Niall, mate, you know we're just looking out for you. It's not worth suffering through this. Let's find a dentist, yeah?"

Niall sighed, relenting slightly under their collective concern. "Fine, I'll make an appointment tomorrow."

True to his word, Niall scheduled a dental appointment for the following day. But as the hours passed, the pain only intensified, making it nearly impossible for him to eat or sleep.

By the time they reached the dentist's office, Niall was practically in tears from the agony. The boys escorted him inside, where the dentist confirmed their fears—Niall's wisdom teeth needed to be removed immediately.

After the surgery, Niall was a loopy mess from the anaesthesia, spouting off random thoughts and musings as the boys helped him back to the tour bus.

"I feel like I'm floating on a cloud of Nando's peri-peri sauce," Niall giggled deliriously, his words slurring together.

Louis chuckled, patting Niall on the back. "You're out of it, mate. But don't worry, we'll take good care of you."

As they settled Niall onto the couch, Liam handed him a cup of ice cream. "Here, this should help with the swelling."

Niall accepted the ice cream gratefully, his eyes drooping with exhaustion. "Thanks, lads. You're the best mates a guy could ask for."

Harry grinned, ruffling Niall's hair affectionately. "Anytime, Nialler. Now get some rest. We've got your back."

And with the boys by his side, Niall drifted off to sleep, the pain in his mouth finally subsiding as he dreamed of Nando's and squirrels.

The following day, Niall woke up feeling like he'd been hit by a truck. His mouth throbbed with a dull ache, and his cheeks were swollen like he'd stuffed them with marshmallows. Groaning, he tried to sit up, only to be met with a wave of dizziness that sent him flopping back onto the bed.

Louis, who had been sitting nearby, jumped up at the sound of Niall's distress. "Easy there, Nialler. Take it slow."

Niall grimaced, gingerly touching his swollen cheek. "I feel like I've been run over by a herd of elephants."

Harry chuckled sympathetically, handing Niall a glass of water and some painkillers. "It's normal to feel rough after surgery, mate. Just take these and try to rest."

Zayn hovered by Niall's side, concern etched on his face. "Do you need anything else? Maybe some soup or mashed potatoes?"

Niall shook his head weakly, his words coming out muffled from the cotton balls stuffed in his mouth. "Nah, I'm good. Thanks, though."

Liam perched on the edge of the bed, a worried frown creasing his brow. "Are you sure you're okay, Niall? You look like you're in a lot of pain."

Niall tried to muster up a reassuring smile, but it faltered under the weight of his discomfort. "Honestly, it feels like someone's using my mouth as a punching bag. But I'll survive."

But despite his brave front, Niall's pain only seemed to worsen as the day wore on. Every movement sent sharp jolts of agony shooting through his jaw, leaving him feeling utterly miserable and helpless.

Seeing Niall's distress, the boys rallied around him, offering words of comfort and support.

"Don't worry, mate. You'll be back to your cheeky self in no time," Louis said, giving Niall's shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"We're here for you, Nialler. Just hang in there," Harry added, flashing him an encouraging smile.

Zayn nodded in agreement, his eyes soft with concern. "And if you need anything, anything at all, just let us know."

Liam reached out to tousle Niall's hair affectionately. "We've got your back, Niall. Always."

Feeling overwhelmed by their unwavering support, Niall felt a surge of gratitude wash over him. Despite the pain and discomfort, he knew he was lucky to have such caring friends by his side.

"Thanks, lads," he mumbled, his voice thick with emotion. "I don't know what I'd do without you guys."

And as the boys gathered around him, offering comfort and companionship, Niall couldn't help but feel a glimmer of hope amidst the pain. With his friends by his side, he knew he could weather any storm that came his way.v