Didn't want to be a bother. ⏯ L.T.

Louis stumbled as he attempted to climb onto the tour bus, his ankle catching awkwardly on the step. He let out a stifled curse, hoping the others hadn't noticed. But of course, luck wasn't on his side.

"Lou, you alright there?" Harry's voice floated over from inside the bus, concern evident.

Louis waved him off with a forced grin. "Yeah, just a clumsy moment. Nothing to worry about."

He shuffled past the others, trying to ignore the throbbing pain shooting up his ankle with every step. But as he settled into his seat, the discomfort only intensified.

Liam frowned, eyeing Louis closely. "You sure you're okay, mate? You're looking a bit pale."

Louis forced a laugh. "I'm fine, Liam. Just a bit of a twinge, that's all."

But the twinge turned into a persistent ache, gnawing at his resolve. He clenched his teeth, willing himself to push through. However, with each passing hour on the road, the pain grew more unbearable.

Finally, as the bus rolled to a stop for a break, Louis couldn't hide it any longer. He winced as he attempted to stand, his ankle protesting vehemently.

Niall caught his grimace. "Louis, what's wrong? You've been acting off since we left."

Louis sighed, knowing he couldn't keep up the facade any longer. "I... I hurt my ankle when I got on the bus. Thought it was nothing, but it's gotten worse."

Harry's eyes widened in concern. "Why didn't you say anything, mate? We could've helped."

Louis shrugged sheepishly. "Didn't want to be a bother, did I?"

Zayn shook his head, a mixture of sympathy and frustration evident in his expression. "Louis, we're a team. We look out for each other. Let's get that ankle looked at."

With the support of his bandmates, Louis finally relented. They helped him off the bus and into a nearby clinic, where a doctor confirmed a sprain. As Louis limped out with a brace around his ankle, he felt a weight lift off his shoulders.

Back on the bus, Louis settled into a seat, grateful for the understanding and care of his friends.

"Thanks, lads," he murmured, his voice laced with gratitude. "I guess I just needed a little reminder that it's okay to lean on each other sometimes."

Harry clapped him on the back with a smile. "Always, Lou. We've got your back, no matter what."

And as the bus rumbled back onto the road, Louis knew that with his bandmates by his side, he could weather any storm, no matter how painful.

✯ Zianourry ⏯ OneShots ✯On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara