A sensory overload kind of day. ⏯ Z.M.

The day started like any other in the bustling apartment shared by the members of One Direction. Louis was making breakfast, Liam was scrolling through his phone, Niall was strumming his guitar, and Harry was lost in thought while sipping his morning tea. But there was something different about Zayn.

Zayn, usually the one to greet the day with a smile, seemed distant. His movements were slow, and he kept his gaze fixed on the floor as if it held all the answers to his unspoken questions.

Liam, ever the observant one, noticed Zayn's demeanour first. "Hey mate, everything alright?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

Zayn glanced up briefly, his eyes betraying the turmoil within. He didn't respond, but the tension in his shoulders spoke volumes.

Louis, sensing the shift in the atmosphere, set down his spatula and approached Zayn cautiously. "You seem off, Zayn. Anything we can do to help?"

Zayn's lips quivered, but no words escaped them. Instead, he held his hands tightly over his ears, a defensive gesture against the cacophony of noise that threatened to engulf him.

Understanding dawned on Harry's face as he watched Zayn's silent struggle. "It's a sensory overload kind of day," he murmured softly, his eyes never leaving Zayn's form.

Niall nodded in understanding, setting his guitar aside. "Let's keep it quiet then. Give Zayn some space."

The four of them exchanged knowing looks, wordlessly agreeing to adjust their behaviour for their friend's sake. They moved with practiced ease, minimising noise and movement to create a sanctuary of calm within the confines of their apartment.

Louis turned off the sizzling stove, opting for a cold breakfast instead. Liam silenced his phone, tucking it away out of sight. Niall tiptoed over to Zayn, offering a gentle smile before joining Harry on the couch.

Zayn visibly relaxed at the reduced stimuli, his shoulders loosening as he tentatively lowered his hands from his ears. He offered a small, grateful smile in return, a silent acknowledgment of his friends' understanding.

As the day unfolded, the apartment remained a haven of tranquility. Conversations were hushed, footsteps were softened, and laughter was replaced with gentle smiles. Each member of One Direction moved with a newfound awareness, their actions speaking louder than words ever could.

Zayn, though still non-verbal, found solace in the quiet understanding of his bandmates. He didn't need to explain himself; they just knew. And in that unspoken bond, he found comfort amidst the chaos of his mind.

The peaceful ambiance of the apartment shattered as a disagreement erupted between Liam and Louis. Their voices, usually filled with warmth and laughter, now carried a sharp edge that cut through the tranquility like a knife.

"I can't believe you'd say that, Louis!" Liam's voice rose in frustration, his hands gesturing wildly as he tried to make his point.

Louis bristled, his own voice matching Liam's intensity. "Well, maybe if you actually listened instead of jumping to conclusions—"

Before Louis could finish his sentence, a sharp intake of breath drew their attention to Zayn, who stood frozen in the centre of the room. His hands were pressed tightly against his ears, his eyes wide with distress as the noise assaulted his senses.

Niall, ever attuned to Zayn's needs, immediately sprang into action. "Guys, quiet down! You're upsetting Zayn."

Liam and Louis exchanged guilty glances, the tension in the room thickening with each passing moment. Niall approached Zayn cautiously, his voice soft and soothing. "Hey, mate, let's get you somewhere quieter, yeah?"