They're worried about you. ⏯ L.P.

Liam sat in his room, the walls of his apartment closing in on him. He stared at his phone, scrolling through the endless stream of hateful comments and messages. Ever since Zayn left One Direction, the scrutiny and criticism seemed to intensify, particularly aimed at Liam.

Louis, Harry, and Niall had been trying to cheer him up for weeks, but nothing seemed to work. Liam appreciated their efforts, he truly did, but the weight of the negativity seemed too heavy to bear.

"Hey mate, we're all going out for dinner. You coming?" Louis poked his head into Liam's room, concern etched on his face.

Liam shook his head, unable to muster the energy to pretend everything was okay. "Nah, I'm not feeling up to it."

Louis sighed, exchanging a worried glance with Harry and Niall before retreating from the room. Liam heard their muffled voices outside, their concern evident.

As the evening descended, Liam found himself sinking deeper into his despair. He knew he was shutting out the people who cared about him, but he couldn't help it. The hateful words seemed to echo in his mind, drowning out any semblance of peace.

Then, his phone buzzed with an unexpected call. Zayn's name flashed on the screen, and Liam hesitated before answering.

"Hey, Liam," Zayn's voice sounded tentative, as if unsure of how he would be received.

Liam's heart clenched at the sound. He missed Zayn, missed the easy camaraderie they once shared. "Hey, Zayn. What's up?"

There was a brief pause before Zayn spoke again. "I've been talking to the lads. They're worried about you, mate."

Liam's throat tightened with emotion. Despite everything, Zayn still cared. "I'm fine, Zayn. Just dealing with some stuff."

There was another pause, and Liam could almost picture Zayn running a hand through his hair, a nervous habit of his. "Listen, Liam. I know I haven't been around, but... do you think we could meet up?"

Liam's heart skipped a beat. Zayn wanted to see him? After all this time? "Yeah, yeah, of course. When?"

"Tomorrow. Your place?"

Liam agreed before he could stop himself. He hung up the phone, a mix of apprehension and anticipation swirling in his chest.

The next day, Liam paced his apartment, his nerves on edge. He glanced at the clock for what felt like the hundredth time, willing time to move faster.

And then, there was a knock on the door.

Liam's heart raced as he opened it to find Zayn standing there, a small smile on his lips. "Hey, Liam."

"Zayn," Liam breathed, feeling a rush of emotions overwhelm him.

Zayn stepped into the apartment, and for a moment, everything felt right again. The two of them settled on the couch, the tension easing with each passing minute.

"You look good, mate," Zayn said, breaking the silence.

Liam chuckled softly. "You too, Zayn. It's been too long."

They talked for hours, reminiscing about old times and catching up on each other's lives. And as the evening stretched on, Liam found himself opening up in a way he hadn't been able to with anyone else.

"It's just... so much pressure, you know?" Liam admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "The hate, the expectations... it's suffocating."

Zayn nodded in understanding, his gaze unwavering. "I get it, Liam. But you're stronger than you think. And you've got us, all of us, behind you."

Liam felt a lump form in his throat as he looked at Zayn, gratitude swelling within him. "Thank you, Zayn. For everything."

Zayn simply smiled, reaching out to squeeze Liam's shoulder. And in that moment, surrounded by the support of his friends, Liam knew that no matter what the future held, he would always have them by his side.