All too overwhelming. ⏯ N.H.

SPD *Sensory Processing Disorder *- a condition in which the brain has trouble receiving and responding to information that comes in through the senses.

The tour bus rumbled along the highway, a steady hum of tires against pavement filling the air. Inside, the atmosphere was alive with chatter and laughter, the members of One Direction lounging about, passing the time as they traveled to their next destination. But amidst the joviality, there was a subtle tension in Niall's demeanor, a restless energy that hinted at something amiss.

Liam, ever the observant one, noticed the telltale signs first. He glanced over at Niall, who sat huddled in his seat, fidgeting with his fingers, his gaze fixed on some distant point outside the window.

"You alright, Nialler?" Liam asked, concern etching his voice as he leaned closer to his bandmate.

Niall forced a smile, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Yeah, just... feeling a bit off today, I guess."

But Liam wasn't convinced. He knew Niall well enough to recognise when something was truly bothering him. "Is it your SPD again?" he ventured gently.

Niall nodded, his shoulders slumping. "Yeah, it's just... everything feels too much right now. The noise, the motion of the bus, it's all too overwhelming."

Without missing a beat, Liam turned to the others, signalling for their attention. "Hey, guys, I think Niall could use a bit of a break. His SPD's acting up again."

Instantly, Harry, Louis, and Zayn turned their focus to Niall, their expressions filled with concern.

"What can we do to help, mate?" Harry asked, his voice soft with empathy.

Niall hesitated for a moment, then admitted, "I think... I think I just need some quiet. Maybe my noise-canceling headphones would help."

Louis nodded in understanding. "I'll go grab them for you, Nialler. Hang tight."

As Louis disappeared into the back of the bus, Harry moved closer to Niall, offering a reassuring squeeze to his shoulder. "We've got your back, Nialler. Always."

Soon enough, Louis returned, holding out the familiar pair of headphones with a sympathetic smile. "Here you go, mate. Hope these help."

Niall accepted them gratefully, slipping them over his ears with a sigh of relief as the world around him was muted to a gentle hum.

But Zayn wasn't finished yet. "Wait, I've got an idea." He disappeared into his bunk, rummaging around for a moment before emerging with a familiar-looking object draped over his arm.

"Ta-da!" Zayn exclaimed, holding up a weighted blanket. "Thought this might come in handy. Helps with anxiety and sensory overload."

Niall's eyes widened in surprise and gratitude as he reached out to take the blanket from Zayn. "Thanks, Zayn. You guys really didn't have to do all this."

Harry shook his head, a warm smile gracing his lips. "Of course we did, Nialler. You're part of the band, part of our family. We take care of each other, yeah?"

Niall felt a lump form in his throat as he looked around at his bandmates, overwhelmed not by the sensory input around him, but by the love and support radiating from each of them.

"Thank you," he whispered, his voice choked with emotion. "I don't know what I'd do without you guys."

The others gathered around him, enveloping him in a group hug, their bond stronger than ever in that moment as they rode out the remainder of the journey together, united in both music and friendship.