✨Chapter:40✨

Heyyaa!!! Thank you everyone for 21k reads😭💗.
.
.
.
Author's POV

Ekansh entered the room and saw Surbhi working. Hearing the opening of door Surbhi looked up and saw Ekansh for a second then again shifted her focus to what's she was doing.

Ekansh went and sat on his chair.

They both were doing the work silently then Ekansh phone rang. The call was from his father so he has to pick up ofc.

"Yes dad." Ekansh said.

"Ekansh, listen Mr.William is coming to India next week. I want you to get his investment in your new project. It will be very profitable for us." Rajveer said.

"Ok dad. I will try my best." Ekansh replied.

"That's my boy." Rajveer said and hung up the call.

Ekansh sighed.

"Can you bring the file from there?" Ekansh asked to Surbhi.

Surbhi nodded and went to fetch the file for him. Ekansh silently started working. His face is showing that he is stressed so Surbhi decided to ask him "What happened? What did Dad said?" She said.

"Dad told me to get Mr.William's investment for new project." Ekansh sighed.

Upon Seeing Surbhi's face Ekansh concluded that she didn't understand so he decided to elaborate it for her.

"Mr.William is very renowned business man of New York. He's been in business for fifty years now. Everyone in the business world believes if he invested in any project, the project must be exceptionally best. But it isn't easy to get his investment." Ekansh said.

Surbhi looked at him with 'oo' expression.

"We'll try our best sir. I am sure you will be successful." Surbhi tried to cheered him up.

Ekansh just smiled a little at her but This smile was enough to make her heart flutter.

"Then firstly let's focus on making presentation of this project." Ekansh said.

"Ok." Surbhi agreed.
.
.
.
It's 10 PM currently but Surbhi And Ekansh were working continuously.

"Go and eat something. You haven't eat anything from morning." Ekansh said to Surbhi.

"I am not hungry moreover you also haven't eaten anything." Surbhi said.

"Don't agrue. Go and eat." Ekansh said while rubbing his tample.

Surbhi understood it's waste to agrue with him. So she took out her and ordered food.
.
.
.
Within one hour the food arrived. Surbhi got a call from Delivery boy and she went downstairs to get the food.

She received her order and came back to the office. Then went to her seat and put that box in front of Ekansh.

"What?" He asked.

"Food.... Let's eat." Surbhi said with a little smile.

"I am busy." Ekansh said and put the food side.

Surbhi looked at him for sometime and proceed to open the box. She took a bite in her hand.

"Ekansh sir." She said and when Ekansh opened his mouth to reply but she hurriedly put that bite on his mouth. He was too stunned to speak. He just look at her while Furrowing his eyebrow.

She just flashed her teeth at him. Then she took a bite in her mouth. Then again took a bit and place in front of Ekansh's mouth. Without arguing Ekansh opened his mouth.

Surbhi was feeding herself and Ekansh too. And Ekansh was working while eating. Eventually they finished the food. But since Ekansh was focused on his work he didn't notice that food is finished. When for sometime Surbhi didn't feed him he turned around and saw the food is finished already.

"Already finished?" Ekansh asked.

"Yeah.. Why? Do you want more?" Surbhi spoke.

"No no.. I just-" He didn't finished his sentence.

"Anyways let's get to work." He said.

Then they both started working.

It's 12 AM... Ekansh was working and unfortunately Surbhi fell asleep.

"Pass me that." Ekansh said without looking at her direction.

"Surbhi." He said again when he didn't get the reply.

He turned to her direction and saw her sleeping . Her head was resting on the table and some hairs were on her face.

Ekansh pulled his chair closer to her. He removed that hair from her face and tugged it behind her ears. And started looking deeply at her place without even blinking. It's feel like the time has stopped for him whenever he looked at her face. An unknown feeling concurred over him.

Soon he got back to his senses.
"Shit." He whispered while looking at the clock.

"Surbhi.Hey wake up. Let's go home." He said but didn't received any answer.

"Hello Surbhi." He said again And shaked her a bit by her shoulder. Still no response.

"Kahi behosh toh nahi hai." Ekansh said to himself.
(Is she fainted?)

Ekansh sighed and seeing no other option he decided to carry her. He cleaned the desk and put everything in place. Then he lifted up Surbhi in bridal style and started walking. Her head was resting on his chest giving entry to some unknown feeling inside him.

While walking downstairs Surbhi suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck.
.
.
He finally reached the car and made Surbhi sit on car's seat beside him. Then he himself climbed upon the car and started to drive.

Upon driving some distance he noticed she is uncomfortable in sleeping due to up and downs of the road. So he then stopped the car and put her head on his shoulder softly and drove off.
.
.
.
After 30 minutes they finally reached home. But Surbhi haven't wake up till now. So Ekansh once again lifted her in his arms and went to their bedroom.

He reached the bedroom and securely put her on the bed and covered her with blanket. He then went to bathroom to change his clothes.

After changing he came to room and saw her sleeping in a strange position. The blanket and one pillow were under her legs and a pillow under her arms.

A chuckle escape from his mouth upon seeing her. He then went to his side of bed and tried to remove the pillow which was laying under her arms because she may get cramps due to this.But Surbhi wasn't letting him do that. But after trying for sometime he was finally successful in doing that.But this happiness of him didn't last a long because when he removed then Surbhi suddenly put her arms around his neck causing his body to stumble since he was half sitting and half laying down but now  he was full laying down.

He decided not to remove her hands since it will 'disturb' her sleep.

We all know!

Eventually they both fall asleep while hugging . Little did Ekansh know if he didn't wake up first tomorrow then what his wifey will do to him.

Anyways let's wish Ekansh best of luck.
.
.
.
So that's it for todayy!!

How's the chapter? Did you liked it?

Don't forget to vote and comment 🤍.

See ya soon~