⚠️01 - Off to a great start I guess

This book talks about abuse and drugs, read at ur own risk.

The night before the first semester, I Can't help but stay locked in my room. Papa is always angry at me and momma so I typically hear her screaming. This fucking sucks! I wished I wasn't born in this household.. I just wished that I wasn't born at all. I want momma to be safe..

General POV

Blue sat on his bed, worrying. The sounds of his mother screaming didn't make it any better and he was on the verge of a panic attack. He needed something to calm him down. He stumbles to his closet, barely able to stand as he reached into the pocket of one of the jackets hanging. He pulls out a small plastic baggie of a red substance and consumes it. He sighs shakily as he holds his head.

He sits down against the closet, as it started to kick in. It usually does kick in very quickly. He started to rock back and forth, slowly starting to become calm again. He was so out of it that he didn't even hear his phone ringing on the night stand.

As he slowly stood up, he snickers a little before slowly walking down the stairs and out the door. His parents were too busy arguing to even realize that he had left and so, he simply walked to Yellow's place, his best friend and well— only friend. No one really wanted to be around him due to his.. addiction. But, he's learned to accept it. As he walked, he counted the cracks on the sidewalk. One on that one.. three on that one. He got some weird looks from people for walking out in the pouring rain without any protection but he didn't care.

As he got to the door of Yellow's home, he sighed. As he reached into his pocket to pull out his phone, he stumbled as it was gone. As he was about to turn around to go back to get it, the door swung open. It was yellow, who was holding a trash bag.
".. Blue?"
"hAh— heyyyyyyy... youuuuuu" He cackled, his speech slurred by the drugs and embarrassment
Yellow looked at him in disappointment, moving aside for him.
"Hurry up and get inside before you catch a cold." He demanded as Blue walked inside and went to sit on the couch but Yellow scolded him of course, so he stood there until Yellow returned. He grabs Blue's hand and pulls him up stairs to his room before going into his drawer and pulling out some extra clothes.
"Here. Go change, you're soaked." He said as Blue took the clothes and went to the bathroom to change. It took him a full 10 minutes to change and even when he came out, his shirt was on backwards.
"Your shirt is on backwards." Yellow sighed as Blue curiously grabbed the tag in front of him. Yellow came over and took Blue's hands out the arm holes to turn it around and fix it. He then grabbed the towel off his bed and started to dry his hair.

"Let me guess? Parents fighting again and you decided to do Netherwarts and leave the house." He sighed. To which Blue whined and squirmed.
"No I didnttt!! I'm just tireddd." Yellow sighed as he hung up the towel to dry and went downstairs with Blue. He sat down Blue on the couch as he shivered. He turns on the heater and starts up the kettle to boil water. "I wished you didn't get into that shit, y'know." He called out from the kitchen. "You're so much better than that." There was silence.
".. did you hear me??" He called as he looked into the living room and Blue had his face in the heater as Yellow sighed.

Once the water was done boiling, he made some tea for Blue and he walked over, handing it to him. "Here. This should warm you up." He said as Blue nodded. As he sat down on the couch to drink it, Yellow walks upstairs. About an hour goes by as Blue was watching tv and he stumbled up the stairs, wondering where Yellow had been. As he peeked into Yellow's room, he was asleep. Thankfully, this time in his bed rather than his desk. Blue tugged on the collar of his shirt as he walked over. He was surprised Yellow fell asleep with the TV on as it was kinda loud. Looks like he was watching some dumb rom-com.. anyways, he gently shook Yellow who simply opened his eyes.
"Uhm.. is it sleepy time?" He asked quietly to which Yellow let out a small snicker. He nodded as he shuffled to move over to let Blue sleep with him. He usually allowed him to sleep on the couch but the last few times he did that, Blue would get scared and ask to sleep with him instead.
Blue got into bed with Yellow as they snuggled.
"..Hey Yellow?"
"Hm?" He replied, half asleep.
"Promise me that.. you'll never leave me. I-I can't lose you."
Yellow sighed, snuggling Blue closer. "I promise I won't leave you. You're my best friend, I could never."
"Thanks." Blue smiled. Haha yeah.. friend he thought as the two fell asleep.

The Next Day

Blue's peaceful slumber was interrupted by Yellow's loud alarm going off. Ugh.. IPhone alarms. Blue was a Samsung user so he was used to a calming alarm in the morning. As Yellow awoke, he sat up straight and looked at Blue who was asleep (Atleast to him.) and thought he looked so peaceful so he simply left him to nap. As he got up, he looked out the window to see rain. Great. He sighed and puts on his glasses before he goes downstairs to make some coffee. Once it started to brew, he turned on the TV to have some noise in the background as he went into the fridge. Looks like he'd have to go shopping for groceries again soon..

That's when he heard the sound of creaking stairs and peered around the corner to see Blue, rubbing his eyes as he came down the stairs.
"Morning, Bluberry~" Yellow smirked at the short tired fellow who just pouted in response.
"Fuck off." He said as Yellow laughed. He sat at the kitchen island and put his head down.
"I'm not ready for today.." He sighed.

Yellow poured both himself and Blue a cup of coffee. He didn't even need to ask as he's known Blue for so long he knows exactly how he likes his coffee. Sugar, almond milk and tons of caramel. As he handed Blue the coffee, he immediately drinks it.
He couldn't help but notice Blue's shaky breathing but before he could say anything, Blue stood up.
"I should probably head back. I need to change and get ready anyways." He said to which he felt kinda uneasy about. Yellow thankfully had thought of a solution.
"Actually, there's no need if you don't want to." He said and quickly went upstairs. Blue looked up the stairs and after a bit Yellow came back down with a small plastic bag. "You're always leaving your clothes here when you sleep over and I've never really found time to give them back but— I did happen to wash them~" He smiled, saying that last part in a sing-song tune.
As Blue looked inside the bag, and saw his blue hoodie, he jumped with joy.
"OMIGOSH! Yellow!! You're the BEST!" He said and hugged him. He quickly ran to the bathroom.
About 2 minutes later he comes out. He's in an oversized blue hoodie and a pair of black pants that fan out at the ends. He puts on his shoes as Yellow grabbed his keys. As they both got into Yellow's car, they drove to campus.