17 - Cracked Roof Tiles

Purple's POV:

Ah, yes. Thanksgiving Break. The first official break of the year, everyone gets to go home to their families, that kind of deal. Purple's had quite a rough week, mainly due to his back and forth with Green. Green took it way too far tho.. he made a rumor that Purple is hitting on several guys on campus.

"Ghhhh.. that prick.." Purple mumbled. He got to the parking lot and was met by his father and Gold. Gold runs over and hugs Purple.

"Big brother, big brother!!" He exclaims, earning a laugh from Purple and Orange.

"Heyyy, Goldie. How was school?" Purple asked, picking him up. Goldie was extremely excited.

"It was awesome!! We made hand turkeys today and and and—" Orange snickered. "Come on you two. Let's go home and you can tell Purple all about your art at school." He said, getting into the car. Purple put Gold in the car before getting in the passenger seat. Orange turned on the radio, which was playing "Pigstep" and he soon started driving.

About 10 minutes into the car ride, Orange kept glancing at Purple, who was just looking out the window.He sighed.

"Something on your mind, kiddo?" He asked, to which Purple shook his head.

"Nah.. just.. tired, y'know? It's been a long 3 months of nothing but work and studying." He said. That wasn't the reason but.. he didn't need to know that. Orange simply decided to not push it to avoid any further issues. After all, Purple has been through alot.

Soon, they arrived at the house as Orange pulled into the garage. "Oh yea, um boys." He started. "We're going to have some guests over tonight as you know about my company so just.. be respectful, okay?" He said, earning a nod from Gold. He looked at Purple.

"Purple, you heard me?"

"Huh?" Purple looked at Orange. "Oh yeayeahyeah I heard you." He said, earning a look from Orange.

"Purple, I mean it." He sighed. "This is important."

"I get it and I heard you!" Purple said, before exiting the car and into the house. Orange sighed.

"What am I gonna do what that boy?" He said before getting out the car aswell and going inside with Gold. Once inside, he saw Purple, going through the fridge.

Orange sighed as Gold ran off to get some toys. "What are you doing?" He looked at Purple who pulled out a box of Mike's hard lemonade from the fridge.

"I need a drink." He said, grabbing a bottle. Orange sighed.

"You know I'd allow you to drink any other time but just.. not today." He said. "We have guests coming." He said as Purple ignored him and opened the bottle to drink.

He got angry. "Purple, I'm trying to be reasonable here! I don't know what you want!"

"I want to be left alone." He said, before taking the whole box and going up to his room. Orange sighed, pinching his forehead. Just then, a knock was heard at the door. Orange walked over and opened it, to reveal a tall sophisticated woman with green hair, aswell as a man. As Orange greeted them, he glanced over and recognized their kid.

"You." He said, as Green looked at him.

"Oh, hey again." He said with a small smile. Just then, Gold came down the stairs with his toys and dropped them to hug Green. "Ohmigosh, it's you! It's you!" Green chuckled as he hugged back.

"Heyyy, little man." He looks at Orange who just gave the two a smile. Then the mother spoke.

"Green, why don't you go and play with Gold while me and your father discuss stuff with Orange."

Green nodded, as Gold dragged green to his room. You see, Gold and Purple shared a bedroom because Gold didn't like sleeping alone. So, as Green got dragged up the stairs and the door opened, he saw purple on the bed just drinking. They both stared at eachother, before Purple simply turned away.

That's when Green remembered that day. He felt bad about the rumor now. Gold started to dig in his toy box, before finding a bunch of minecraft toys. "Oh yeah wait!" He said, going into his closet.

"Don't make a mess." Purple finally spoke up.

Gold ignores his comment and starts to play with his minecraft Lego set. Green eventually sits down and helps him with the building, looking at the instructions manual.

Purple stormed downstairs, to see Orange chatting with the two adults while drinking.

"DAD!" He yelled, making the room go quiet. Then he walks back up the stairs.

Orange turns to the two. "If you'll excuse me for one moment." He nervously laughed. He soon walks up the stairs, seeing an angry Purple who was tapping his foot. Orange sighed.

"What is it now, Purple?" As Purple groaned.

"What is he doing here??"

Orange was confused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean he bullies me!!"

"Wh— You mean Green? He's a nice kid tho, isn't he? Either way, he's welcomed here. He saved Gold!" Orange argued.

"Is that all you fucking care about?? Is just Gold?? What about me!? I'm your kid too!!"

"Purple, don't put words in my mouth."

"That's how it feels! It's just Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold, Gold! Gold this, Gold that! What about Purple?? How do you think Purple feels??"

"Purple, it's just too complicated. I'm really busy at the moment, can we discuss this another time."

"But dad, I need you to just listen to me for once!!—"

"Purple Orchid King!" Orange shouted. That was.. the first time Orange has used Purple's full name, let alone yelled at him. Purple was completely silent.

"This is not.. up for discussion. I understand you're upset but we'll talk about this another time."

"Why do you always shut me down??"

"..Purple."

"Why do you never listen??"

"Purple."

"Why are you even my dad at this point??"

"PURPLE!" He shouted once again. Purple went silent again before storming off into another room. Orange sighed. It was still hard to Purple to adjust to this, even if it's been 3 years. It's been stressful. Orange wants Purple to forget all about everything that happened but it's not easy.

As Purple stormed off, He locked himself in the bathroom. He sat down and just cried. He just felt silenced. That's when there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it??" Purple asked.

Silence

Then finally..

"It's Green."