04 - Little Red Writing Hood

The Second Coming was sat in class, as he payed close attention to what the professor had to say. He wasn't necessarily intrested in English but he decided he might aswell pay attention if he wants excellent grades. They were discussing whatever college level english talks about and stuff until he glanced next to him. There was a boy with red hair, just.. writing. He took a peak at what he was writing about. His handwriting was barely legible but he managed to see the word "dogs", "cats", and "birds". He assumed he was writing about animals. That's when the guy glanced over at him.
"If you wanted to read it, you could've just said so." He smiled.
"Ah—" Second was now kinda embarrassed. He sighed a little. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snoop." He awkwardly laughed. Red also managed to chuckle. "Don't worry about it, Mate."
Second continued to listen to the professor until he spoke up again.

"Do you uhm.. like animals?" He looked at him and blinked. He could see his eyes basically light up. Once again there was silence and he turned back towards the professor to listen. This time he didn't speak for a while. 20 minutes went by and he was doodling something in my sketch book. As Red glanced over, he lit up again.
"Uhm.." He started up again. "You're a really good drawer, ya know." He smiled to which Sec turned to him and smiled back.
"Heh.. thanks." He continued to sketch. Eventually the class ended and everyone was able to leave. Second got his things together and headed out. He met Green on the way, with his headphones in and he just silently walked next to him. He was very respectful of people who listened to music in their headphones, as he knew from experience it meant "don't talk to me", although some people don't get that.
Green took off his headphones and looked at Sec.
"Cmon." He said, getting Second to follow him. As the two boys walked, they were soon met with the Lunch hall. Yellow and Blue were already sitting at a couch by the window as they noticed the two walk in.
"What are we doing here?" Second asked. Green sat pulled up an ottoman and sat on it.
"This is going to be our hang out place from now on. Hmm.. let's see.. Yellow and Blue, you two live off campus.. Sec you on or off campus?"
"Huh? Oh I live on campus.. makes it easier for my brother to reach me." He awkwardly laughed. "He's kinda a helicopter brother."
"Damn bro, that must suck." Green laughed loudly as Second slumped down, deciding to sit next to Blue and Yellow. There was an awkward silence as no one really knew what to talk about. That is until Blue spoke up.
"So.. Second, how was your day..? Meet anyone new? Anyone cute~?"
Second thought for a bit. "Well.. there was this guy in my English class."
"Ooooh~ Second's got a crush~" Green smirked as Second's face went red.
"It's not like that! He seems pretty silly tho." He smiled.

"What's his name?" Blue perked up. "Come onnn!!!" He shook Second. "I want to check him out on Stikstgram!" He whined.
"Well his name is..—" He paused. "Ah shit.. I uh.. Never asked him." He sighed. "Damnitttt.."
"Oh relax." Green sighed. "He's in your class, right? You'll see him again."
As the 4 boys continued to chat, Yellow and Blue decided to leave because it was getting late. Green and Second decided to go back to Green's dorm due to the cold. Thankfully Purple wasn't back yet so Second simply sat on Green's bed as Green played some music through his speaker. It was pretty chill Jazz music.

"You really like music, huh?" He asked, figuring it would be a nice topic to start.
"Are you kidding? I love it! Especially Jazz!" He laughed, sitting down next to Second. "Especially Louis Armstrong!" He started to go on and on about him until Second asked him another question.
"Do you sing yourself?"
Green paused for a second for some odd reason.
"Uh.. yeah. why? Do you?"
"Huh?? Oh, no! I could never.." He sighed. Of course he sang. Just.. not in front of anyone yet. Suddenly Green tackled him and started to tickle him. He could see through that bullshit.
"I know you sing! Just tell me already!"
"Ahahaha! Green! Aha! Stop itttt!!" Second pleaded, as the two were laughing. This was the most fun Second has had in a while. As they continued suddenly the door swung open as Green got off of Second and sat on the bed on his knees.
Purple stood there, shooting Green a nasty glare as he shot one back.
"Am I.. interrupting something?" He said to which Green grumbled.
"Nope. In fact, he was just leaving. Weren't you Sec?" He glared at him as he stood up.
"Uhh yeah!" He looked at him confused and Green shot him a "we'll talk later" look.
"See ya.." He said and walked out.
As Second walked, he couldn't help but think about Red. He needed to find out his name.. as he walked back to his dorm, he was approached by a man very well dressed with combed back orange hair.
"Uhh.. can I help you?" He said to which the man replied.
"Yes, my name is Orange and I heard you recently became friends with my son, Purple."
Immediately Sec's nerves were put at ease.
"Oh. Yea, that's meee.. haha.."
"I must say, that's quite a situation. Let me let you in on a little secret, kiddo." He crouched down to Second's level. "My kid is uh.. he's quite a handful to deal with at times, and he's been through alot. I don't mean to be a bother but just.." He handed Second a wad of cash. It was uncertain how much their was but the first bill was 100 bucks and it was thick.
"Please try to put up with him. I only want what's best for him and he really needs friends."
Second could tell that he was genuine and a good dad but bribing him into being Purple's friend?? He sighed and didn't take the money.
"Sir, I appreciate the offer but I'm already friends with him. I don't need money to—"
"Please." He cut off Second. "Even so, just take it. You seem like a good kid and you'll probably need it somewhere in the future. Wether that be an emergency fund, retirement account or even just groceries. I want you to have it." He smiled. He was right tho.. Second May not need it now but he may need it later.

He sighed and hesitantly took the money. "Okay. Thank you, sir." He smiled at Orange as he smiled back before walking towards the dorms. Presumably to see his son. Second sighed again as he stuffed the money in his pocket. Even tho he technically wasn't bribed, he felt terrible. Deep down, he didn't feel good about taking that money. Maybe he should've pushed a little more. But at the same time, he knew he was gonna need it. He was continuously getting denied from all jobs he applied for and the only reason he was even able to afford to go here was because his foster-parent, Alan, was able to pay for it. Speaking of which, he should probably give him a call when he got back.

Eventually he got back to the dorms and went to shower, putting the money in his nightstand drawer. After a bit, he came back and started to draw at his desk. He drew Red, capturing every detail of his face. He couldn't take his mind off him. He gently caressed the drawing's cheek, sighing. He then snapped out of it and gagged.
"uGh! What is wrong with me!" He was shocked at how he was behaving but he looked back at the drawing and sighed. "Why are you so cute.." He whined. He laid down in bed, and before long, he fell asleep.
Today was a long day and it was only going to get harder from here on out.

.. and he didn't even call Alan.

//

Omg!! Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter, this one in specific was very fun to write.
I don't really ship Red x Second myself, as I see them having more of a close brother type relationship but I know alot of people like the ship so I'll implement it for you guys!
Safe travels <33