Chapter 21

Yashna POV

The uncomfortable gaze, scary light eyes, wandering touchy hands. If I had to describe Aditya, this would be the 3 words I would use. Since, the very beginning I have always found myself squirmy and agonized when I was around him.

There was something about him that made me run out of the room if he ever was in same room as me. My parents say we were best friends in childhood but after the accident I dont remember anything about that friendship or him. 

Even though I did not recollect anything about my parents, just watching them or talking to them made me feel that connect. But, with Aditya I was scared with the way he looked at me, there was always a sense of rage in his eyes and I never knew how I hurt him.

Then with time his advances started, it was innocent at first but I always wanted to run of the hills when it was about him and I made this point very clear to my parents. Owing to my recovering head injury in the beginning they let me be. Later, it was maybe after 6 months that Aditya started getting bold with his advances.

He will start popping into my room unannounced or he would find opportunities to touch me when no one is looking and when I tried to get the attention of elders his colors or the way he behaved changed to a nice, sweet guy.

It annoyed me, it angered me that my parents failed to look at the truth. Later, I started protecting myself, I always insisted, my maids daughter be around me all the time because of my supposed head aches. If he ever tries to hold my hand when alone I pulled on my hand and ran away from him.

My parents started putting the pressure to accept him but my condition protected me. As being from an orthodox background they believed in horoscopes which told them that we both would not be able to get hitched as it is the worst time for us to get married. There were no good dates which put me safe.

Aditya got troubled, impatient and angry with all the rejections and road blocks. One day both the set of parents went out for a family friends wedding and I was at home owing to my painful illusions. Aditya visited me that day to make me his. I was sleeping after the medicine when I felt brushing of something on my legs. I woke up to see him in front of me, touching the side of my feet. 

I pushed myself away from him when he tried to force me closer to him with his hands in a tight grip around my ankles. I tried to find my foot to move away when I accidently kicked him. That is the minute when I saw his whole face changed colors.

He sneered at me and slapped me on my face which made fall back on to the bed. He was about to move on top when the maid came to my room. As soon as he heard her voice calling for me his whole body language changed.

He picked me up and observed my face. He showed fake concern to my shouting and slapping myself in my sleep owing to the visions which my maid actually believed that story. They all thought I got visions due to which I am harming myself.

If I fall of the stairs they think I was day dreaming but who will tell them that he tried to kiss me which is when I kicked him down there after which he pushed me down the stairs. When I tried to tell my mom atleast she said it was all in my head and left from there.

Seeing that my parents were least of his worries he tried to get his hands on me which is when I took out a knife and tried to slash at him but he only mocked me saying I was so tiny and weak that I would not be able to hurt him and if I did hurt him my parents would side with him instead. That moment I realized what my reality was, that was when I started throwing the stuff around, slashing my pillows, mattress in anger. I started breaking the glass shards in frustation but when my parents came he acted like I was going insane, and he was only trying to stop me.

I tried to tell them, I was protecting myself but they looked at me as they looked at a mentally insane person. I yelled my heart out, my head paining like a hammer was banged on it. I slowly took the knife and before that I looked into his eyes. May be he has my parents as a puppet but he will never have me, not even my hair. I slashed my wrists and blood started oozing out. My mom had tears on her face. I told her calmly you dont believe me that is okay now because I would no longer be here. 

Aditya started acting like he was losing me trying to get the first aid done but then I pulled myself away and screamed my heart out. I felt panic build in my tummy. I could not fathom words, I felt intense shocks through my body.

Was I having seizures ? 

Now, how do I know that word? I dont know ?

I lay on the floor not allowing anybody to come near me until I was about to be gone. The only good thing was my mother got into the motherly sentiment and rushed me to the hospital and they appointed me to the deepwoods mental facility because when I opened my eyes at the hospital and saw that toad in front of me acting all caring I put up a show and then they took me away from all three of them.

I guess that is when Vikram saw me, in those 6 months I spent there. I had undergone a process and when I woke up, that manipulator was in front of me with my parents. I was too hazy and weak. I was blurry on my memory for a while which made recollecion of memories tough but when the anesthesia wore off that night I remembered everything. I realized I have to win their trust to escape as even the doctors in the hospitals who knew what was happening to me could not save me.

I planned to run away one day without anybody noticing but I was never left alone. In the usual check up assuming that I lost my memory Dr. Sahay spoke to me telling me on what all I faced in the past and asked me to run away. 

I laughed out loud at him, taunting him on how him being a doctor and with resources could not save me then how will I save myself  a lady with no memory, no degree or no friends. I confessed that I remembered the pain but cannot do anything about it and he said he will see what he can do. But, I knew I was alone in this. I picked up a poison bottle from the kitchen to gulp it down before the wedding making a show that I was in pain so that my mom will leave me alone but then Vikram happened

If he would not have got me out of there my life would have been a mess. Thanks to Ira that the similarities made Vikram my protector

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Here is the new update 

Hope you like it

Please vote and comment 

Regards,

Indu