Chapter 34

Ira POV

I was working in the kitchen trying to make an elaborate meal for my husband. When I lost my memory he remembered for both of us and when I was spewing curses and fighting with him he made delicious food just for me. Now, it is my turn.

Yesterday was a beautiful night. I always thought people who hit a certain age normally forget how are things done and considering the amount of time we spent apart I thought it would get awkward but the point is that when one person idolizes you so much that he thinks about all the times you spent together every minute of his life, I guess that explains our easy attraction and chemistry.

His kisses, his love filled gazes, his whispers everything reminded me of when we were like before and now that we are elder, more mature with our feelings and secured with our bodies it just spiced up the whole thing.

I woke up 45 mins ago to see him snuggled to me. I did not have the heart to leave him and get out of that room but I wanted to do something special for him. I love cooking for the people I love. The small actions and gestures matter a lot to me and I always reflect it back to my loved ones. I put on my clothes, brushed my teeth and came down to prepare the food, rather than bathing, getting spices on me and sweating again, I prefer cooking before bathing or finish most of the cooking.

While I was stirring the dal, my husband sneaked up behind me and hugged me taking me by surprise. Hi moved his lips on the curve of my shoulder and neck, nibbing me playfully. His light stubble making me giggle.

Me: Good Morning Hubby

Vikram: It is a morning indeed, what are we making ?

Me: I am making all your favorites, I know how much you like the home cooked meal. Its the basic ones but I think you will like it, hopefully. So, I am making Madras Cucumber Dal, then Tomato Rasam, I am also making some Potato fry, then I planned for some coriander leaves pickle.

Vikram: That is a lot 

Me: Come on, we have 4 burner stove. The dal is already giving its whistles, the rasam is boiling, the potatoes are already in the pans and the chutney have to be grinded, the tempering is done for that. Rice is in the rice cooker.

Vikram sat in front of me with a proud smile

Me: What ?

Vikram: You already completed most of the cooking

Me: Well I like cooking so, the maid already had the cuts of most of these veggies in the morning. I just put them together.

Vikram: Okay now, that you did most of this, why dont you go and freshen up? I will carry on with the rest of prep ..

Me: No way at all.  Another person should never takeover in the middle ... this is something I am making for you so ...

Vikram: But 

Me: Nope, go ... 

Vikram: I wont, I will sit here and watch you, talk to you and you cannot get rid of me ..

Right at that moment his phone rang in the room and his watch vibrated with the call. I raised my eyebrow with a teasing smirk and gestured him to go. He huffed and left to his room to get his phone because he was not able to take the call from the watch.

I continued with my cooking and then I saw Vikram walking down the stairs with a sad look on his face. Now, what happened to him ? Is it because I made him leave the kitchen ?

I went towards him and sat on the side handle of the couch he was sitting and put my hands around him

Me: Vikram, what happened ?

He did not say anything, I got up and walked to take the place beside him on the couch

Me: Vikram ..

He turned towards me and his eyes held tear drops

Me: Vikram, what happened ?

Vikram: That was David ....

Yep, David was investigating what happened to us. He was putting up Investigators behind everybody who could do us wrong and now he had some information.

Me: What information did we get Vikram ?

He came close to me and held my cheek in his hands

Vikram: I always thought not having a memory of things is a curse. Not knowing stuff is actually stupid Ira. Can we be stupid rather then a wise sad soul

Me: Its bad isnt it ? Did he find out everything ?

Vikram nodded and sighed

Vikram: Somethings are better left unknown, we just got happy ..

Me: Tell me the news Vikram. I can take it, I know I just got better but I promise I wont get vulnerable. You will support me right ? So, we will deal with this together. Hit me with everything you know and we will sort through this

He kissed me on the forehead

Vikram: You sure ?

Me: I want to know what happened behind our backs and I want to confront them for ruining our almost perfect life 

Vikram: Okay, so ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Here is a cliffhanger for your saturday update

Hope you like it

Please vote and comment more for next plot twist

With Love,

Indu