Chapter 30

Vikram POV

I cannot believe that she does not see me as one of that person due to which she almost lost her life. I ran my fingers through my wavy hair and left the bed looking out of the window. Ira, scrunched her nose, pouted to get me back to the bed but I just stood near the window shedding those tears.

Me: Ira, it was because of me that you got shot. Dont try to deny it and on this point I am with your parents. They blamed me for playing a part in losing your life. I did not know you were alive but I believed it because you know what happened years ago dont you ?

Ira: Vikram but ..

I showed her my palm and sat down on the couch putting my face in my hands

Me: If I had not made that decision then may be we would have never been separated 

A few years ago

Past

Vikram POV

God, this was such a long operation today. Ira would be pissed off that I bailed our planned outing again. Hope she got my voice messages explaining the procedure. I was so tired, all I wanted was to go back to my wife, hold her close and sleep but before that I have to scrub the hospital off me. I just feel icky.

I went into the attendings shower room and had a nice hot shower, washing off my hair and body. Taking extra care to my hands. I moisturized myself and wore my casual wear and started to go to the basement. The lift was not fast so I decided that I will just walk down the stairs. While I went to go to get to the corridor which led to the stairs. I climbed them two steps at once leading to the basement 2 and I still had two more to get to basement 4. I remembered then that I needed to take a case file home. I cursed my exhaustion for forgeting about that and went to the corridor to take the lift back up. I got back to the corridor which led to the lift I was shocked to see what was happening in front of me when I heard a noise from the well lit store room.  

No one was supposed to be there but this people thought they were alone considering the time of the day. I saw the head of other department with some interns helping with the dissolution of the liquid medicines and the replacement of the high valued drugs to the less quality ones. I looked around, there was no security personnel around, no wonder they were doing it so boldly or may be people knew what they were doing and did not think to ever stage an intervention. 

What if my operation did not ran long ? What if I did not take the stairs ? Did my obsession with fitness actually helped uncover something? I took out my phone and recorded everything to the perfection. They were all joking around and having fun looting people's resources.

I remember how my wife has complained many times in the past two months that the medicines and dosages they were administrating was not having the desired effect and it has effected with patient care. Now, I know the reason, my wife was so smart. She actually journaled all her medications and cases so that if needed she can have the back up of evidence after they lost 2 patients and it was a mystery on why it was happening even after following the rule book.

I got the evidence I needed and sent it to david, my friend and driver. He had friends and he helped leaked the video and the hospital was under radar. I wanted to do the right think, but I was not really sure, who were all involved and how it would effect us. 

I went home and Ira was waiting for me, sleeping uncomfortably on the couch. I smiled looking at her love for me. To wait for me even if I was so late. I slowly picked her up to take her to our bedroom and she opened her eyes. She frowned and gave me a glare "You are late". I smiled my charm and looked down happily at her, "I have news, my dear wife. When you hear it I am pretty sure you will no longer be annoyed with me for being late". She observed me with her brown eyes and sighed. She put her arm around my neck when I was carrying her up "You better have the best rated news or else you are going to have an angry wife". I nodded and once I got her settled on the bed I told her what all I have encountered. By the end of it her eyes were shining with the discovery and her mouth agape. She was happy it came to light and we thought it would lead to an investigation. 

But, alas, the biggies said that the video had no truth to it or it was tampered as there is no real complaint and it was just a baseless news. It was then that we know we had to go ahead and report that. We cannot let people get away with something. We had to tell out the truth, we cannot hide.

Ira, motivated me and I lodged a complaint with the head of the hospital about what I saw and then the real trouble started. The head was pissed I went to press and I was suspended for few days, that angered my Ira and she started raising awareness and getting people to sign up for justice. We got threats but we did not pay heed. Once Ira's car was almost drived down while she was in it and she was kidnapped and left after couple of hours to take back the case. 

We went underground once we found out we were pregnant. Her parents and us started living together. The head who was in that video made the public threat and I did get worried. Her parents did not want me to go ahead due to the concern they had for her. I was ready to take the complaint back but Ira said she will respect me less if I did that.

In the end I agreed to that knowing we were doing something right until a bullet was lodged into her 

I should have taken back the complaint ..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Here is the new update

Hope you like it

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu