Chapter 27

Vikram POV

The house was dark and silent. Since the time my Ira left the house it has been like that. It is like I was the favorite student of darkness and it appeared right back in my life. I had backup so probably the switches were switched off. 

I walked up the stairs after switching on the drawing room lights and walked to the corridor which took me to my room. I stopped at the room Ira or I should call her Yashna now, stayed. It still smelled like her. The sweet essence of roses with undertone of Vanilla. 

I slapped the back of my own head to avoid her thoughts from creeping up in my head. I should rather be happy that she was alive, happy and safe somewhere else if not with me. I could live with the knowledge that she lives and breathes on the same city like me. She isnt dead like I assumed, and ofcourse I get to see her daily at the hospital, handling my patients, talking to their families. I even asked my staff person to shadow the nurses for a week and as I expected, she took an interest in nursing, rather, she still remembers the skill of it all. I just asked the head nurse to suggest the refreasher course to her and she passed it with flying colors. 

She came to me to talk about transfer to nursing and how she had the new found interest in that. She even showed me her certificate which she passed and how head nurse wanted her help in the daily tasks. I signed her off to nursing and she went off happily but as fate would have it, she helps my patients or somedays gets posted in pedriatic ward.

Anyways, I opened my room and it was dark too. I switched on the warm lights and then I saw Ira, or should I say Yashna waiting for me. In my bedroom, wearing her old saree, looking like she draped the night and silver stars on her. Her hair curly with a dark maroon vermillion adorned in her partition. She was wearing the chain I gifted her, the one which had the locked shaped like two hearts connecting and then her mangalsutra. 

She looked like how Ira would have looked if she remembered me but how would she remember me ? 

Wait, is she playing with me again as last time? 

But, how would she even know what saree to wear, the saree which she wore on our first night or what jewelry to wear or what was the code of the locker which had her accessories. 

What is happening here ??

Yashna POV

The first important vision I got was when Aditya was trying to get handsy with me. A illustration of Vikram's face and voice appeared in front of my eyes. Not exactly a clear picture but a blurry one. That vision made me push him away and run to find somebody where he will not think to take advantage of me.

The same kind of visions kept appearing in front of me through out my time when I was around my parents and him while I was going through a lot of mental and emotional abuse. I was pressured continuosly but these visions never allowed me to go all in or see the love which my parents saw that he had for me.

The visions became more visible when I was forced to participate in the rituals. It was too quick but I always heard Vikram's voice, or the illustration of his features came in front of my eyes. Then as Vikram said I met him in rehab but hardly remembered him when I had gotten a surgical process for depression. 

I made an appointment with Dr. Sahay for my head aches so that even if Vikram is watching me he will think it is because of the head aches. I visited him and visited the security side kick to watch myself when I was in the rehab as I had recent visions of me and Vikram speaking for hours. I also saw Dr. Sahay in some visions with both of us. But I did not ask Dr. Sahay this because Dr. Sahay might tell on me to Vikram.