Chapter 25

Yashna POV 

I wake up still drowsy from the deep sleep I had last night. I looked to my side and see Vikram sleeping very uncomfortably in the arm chair with an album of his wife's pictures. He looks pretty tired but his features are sharp and captivating.

He has a scar running along his cheek and I wonder if it has to do with the accident he was talking about. Now, that I know most of his past I have come to forgive him for the first few days of my capture. This handsome, dashing man has madly been in love with his wife and even though he believed I was his Ira, he is kind enough or his love for Ira was whole lot more to let me go. 

I take the pictures he had of her. Her face free of any blemishes or pigmentation. A scar free, acne free clear face. I looked at the mirror on the dressing table, the scar from my accident occupied my face, probably changing my features, compared to the younger me not that I remember how I was or how I looked.

I went to my room and wore a cotton trousers, a formal shirt and a cardigan to save myself from the slight chill in the air. I went downstairs and started on the breakfast. For 2 months it was him who had made the breakfast. Today, it was my turn. But when I stood near the stove, I did not know what to cook. 

I saw Vikram walking down the stairs wiping the sleep away from his eyes when his eyes fell on me. He smiled kindly and sat down on the breakfast table

Vikram: Hope you had a good sleep

Me: Yes

Vikram: What are you doing in the kitchen ? The cook ...

Me: I gave her an off, thought I could cook the breakfast

He nodded and looked at me going around the kitchen but did not stop me. Rather he gave me that freedom. I saw him skimming through his medical journal, while sipping his plain hot lemon water, wetting his lips. He saw me looking at him and gave me a smile before turning to his journal.

Then out of no where I felt my hands working to make the breakfast. I whipped some batter with samolina, curd, spices and veggies and made a quick rava idlis with tomato chutney. I made some thick creamy lassi and when he saw what I made he looked up shocked. 

Me: What ? Why do you looked shocked?

Vikram: Nothing, I was just wondering if they are edible

Me: Come on, dont make me nervous. Have it and tell me how it is.

He had a bite and his eyes felt watery. He turned away and walked to the couch, I thought it was too spicy for him so I handed him the dry fruit lassi. He had it and looked at me with a soft smile although his eyes are watery

Me: Are you okay ?

Vikram: Yes, absolutely 

Me: Was it too spicy for your taste ?

Vikram: No, it was perfect. It just reminded me of ...

He stopped his sentence there and I knew who he was thinking about 

Ira 

I took few steps backwards remembering that he was Ira's and gulped a huge glass of water, pouring cold water on my shirt, making it transparent. He saw that and came to help me, he grabbed some tissues and started wiping away the moisture sweeping through my shirt, I thought at the end of the day he was a man and he would stare or gaze upon the view in front of him but he kept his eyes on me all the time, never taking a peek at my see through shirt displaying my bodice. 

His deep gaze pricked my heart in some way. A man without any scandalous intentions, lingering gaze or handsy fingers was refreshing to meet. Infact I was enamoured to meet a gentleman like him.

I looked like his wife, he bought me to satisfy his craving to live his past once again and also to protect me. But in the pertext of being my warrior he remained a gentleman in the face of a devil. A handsome devil.

I slowly moved my hands up his muscled arms which had the shirt cuffs unhooked and pulled myself closer to his body. I enjoyed the warmth seeping through him, while I touched his cheek with a 5 o clock shadow.  I gently carressed his eyebrows with both my hands running them down through his neck and muscular chest.

A few visions appeared, it was a face, I was focusing on that face trying to recognize it when I was pushed away by none other than Vikram

Vikram: You, what are you doing ?

Me: I .... I felt embarassed at my indecent act. What was I even doing ? I was such a klutz

I faced away from him and ran my fingers through my hair 

Me: I am so sorry, I dunno what happened to me

Vikram: Would you be okay if I would have done the same scandalous act with you ? Wouldnt you have slapped me or better stabbed me with a knife

The voilated look on his face made me look down 

Me: I ...

Vikram:  I require no apology, did you forget you were anyways moving on your own today ? 

Me: I, Yes I do remember

Vikram: Your stuff is packed and kept in the truck

Me: Why, thank you for the help and I am so sorry ...

Vikram: Its okay, all the girls who brag about morals and values happen to forget all about it when they come in aquaintance with me

Me: HOW DARE YOU 

I slapped him and walked out of there while he did not stop or apolozise 

Vikram POV

She had to go, I thought by keeping her around me, she might come up with the memories of the time spent together, but the visions she has appears as a fast forward tract of a cassete which makes her head spin and in the pursuit of revelation she gets into more pain than usual. She already had a surgery to repair the damage of the bullet and the Electroconvulsive therapy for extreme depression. 

I have told Dr. Sahay about her visions and he said it might be a huge burden on her vulnerable state, hence the move was necessary. This was for her bettermant. For her, I stole her from her parents, for her, I let her go away from me, for her I will forever live in pain.

I love you Ira

I picked up my phone and dialed a number

Me: David, watch her carefully, I dont want her in any trouble. Keep her safe and make sure even the shadow of her parents or her fiancee does not fall upon her

David: Yes, boss ... Umm are you okay sir 

Me: I will be in a while

I chugged a glass of wine mixed with pills to reduce the pain of my bleeding heart

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Here is the new update

Hope you like it

Yep, its heart breaking so, just for feels watch this videos 

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu