💙Chapter 22💙

(Sigh)

Y/n POV

The next few days have been spent settling into the boarding school life, and it's kind of a strange one.

Every morning, I wake up, hoping I don't run into Endeavor, but now, it's somewhat normal. I spend loads of time with the class, getting to know them better because we're gonna be sharing a living space.

Even though it's still summer, I'm exhausted socially by the end of everyday, the lack of sleep doesn't help much either. Tonight, I lie awake again.

This time, I'm much more consumed by my thoughts. I want to scream them out, but I definitely can't.

My mind keeps on flicking back then, in that desolate room with Touya.

~~~~~

"I'll do it."

"Really?" Touya smiled wide, his eyes looked a little crazed.

"B-but! I have some conditions." His smile fell, but he was listening.

"I still want to be at UA, with Shoto. I'm not sure why you didn't try to take him, too. I can't just leave him there, Touya."

He stares at me, and he looks quite disappointed. He sighs. "You're my precious little sister, I can't exactly say no, but eventually, you'll have to pick a side, you know. I've realised that maybe you're becoming attached to that place, and this is your way of compromising."

Damn, he really just looked through me like I was glass. He's my big brother, the one I've been missing for the longest time. He's here, and he's willing to help me! But I can't help but think about Shoto and all the people I've been meeting. Plus, didn't Jirou say she'd teach me guitar?

"That... might be true." I look down in shame. If I hadn't been to UA, I would've said yes without a thought. I felt a hand on my head.

"That's fine. I know that you know what's best for you, you'll come around eventually." He pulls me in for a hug.

"For now, just pretend that you outright refused, like a stupid little hero. I promise you won't be hurt. Do what you need to do. I'll be waiting, N/n."

I nod, wrapping my arms around him and burying my face into his chest. I don't know how to feel about this. I look up at his face. His poor, burnt, face. His eyes are the same as they always have been. That same piercing blue color. I used to look into them and feel safe.

Now, I'm not sure anymore.

~~~~~

My face slams into my pillow as I let out a very dramatic sigh into it. All my emotions feel so muddled. I grab my phone and see a new notification from an unknown number.

???: we should have a talk again. By my grave there's a small bushy area, meet me there, 4 pm tomorrow. - T

I know exactly who this is, but isn't texting my personal phone kind of.. risky?? Tomorrow is a Saturday, which means I do have the time to go see him.

(The next day)

I roll out of bed my usual time. I'm tired because even after getting that text and being so determined to go to sleep, I couldn't manage it until 3am, where I finally gave up and made myself tea again.

I drag myself through my morning routine, and when I went to get breakfast, Shoto was there.

"Good morning, N/n."