💙Chapter 28💙

(hawks ml finally)

(Y/n POV)

Tokoyami and I were finally on our way to Kyushu after what felt like years. These past three days were spent in class, pen clicking, waiting for the days to pass.

Our first day, we were introduced to the sidekicks of Hawks' agency. 

"Honestly, we sidekicks mainly just deal with the aftermath of Hawks, filing arrests, doing the specifics, he just moves way too fast." One of them says as he walks me and Tokoyami up to Hawks' office so that we can get introduced before we all get called out to go on patrol.

"Seriously? Like you don't catch up to him at all?" I ask, I know he's credited for his speed, but leaving his sidekicks in his dust? Damn that's rough.

"Yes yes I know what you must be thinking, but I'm glad that I get to support Hawks in any case. If he was by himself, he wouldn't be able to handle as many cases as he does. He gets the job done, and we make sure things run smoothly." The sidekick goes on. I suppose it doesn't seem too bad, but I hope this winged guy doesn't steal all the fun.

We reach the door to his office and give it a knock. With a small 'come in', me and Tokoyami are told to enter. We walk in and see him at his desk.

I can't lie, my heart is going crazy. Out of all the pro heroes, one of the few I've ever liked is Hawks. He interacts well with fans, and swiftly but safely deals with any cases. To me, he's close to perfect.

"So, you two are the kids I'm taking on. I hope you two manage to learn a thing or two here, or even attempt to keep up." Hawks gets up, and comes to shake our hands. I thought it was strangely professional of him. 

When he shook my hand, he leaned into my ear. "I know who you are, meet me up here at 10pm tonight, I'll take you to him."

His voice was barely a whisper, just loud enough more me to catch what he was saying, not loud enough for Tokoyami to hear. Then he walked past us.

"Well, time to head off. Let's see how well you children do."

With that, he flew out of the agency, his sidekicks ready behind him to support him. Me and Tokoyami were out the door as quick as we could manage in the circumstances. Hawks was already helping save lives, scolding when necessary, managing to stop and say hi to fans even though he had just stopped a murder.

He's so insanely quick. No matter how hard I tried that first day, me and Tokoyami quickly realized just how the sidekicks never managed to keep up. 

After an exhausting day of running around, the sidekicks had set up our accommodations for our time with Hawks. 10pm was nearing, and I crept out of my temporary room. From Tokoyami's room next to me, I could hear he was still awake. The faint sounds of nu metal music from his door gave it away.

I gave the door to the winged heroes office a soft knock, and he opened up instantly, waving me in.

"So, you're the little UA kid Dabi has wrapped around his finger." He says as he closes the door. I give him a small scoff.

"And you're the hero he managed to convince to join his little murder gang." I say right back. He chuckles a little.

"I like you. I saw you trying to catch up today, it was like watching a puppy chase a butterfly." He says, how condescending. "I only took you and Tokoyami on for Dabi, and for the Hero commission, but I'm curious to see how this will play out, yeah?" He has a small plate of Takoyaki in his hand I've noticed. He stabs into one, and hands it to me. "Try it."

I give him and the small fish ball a suspicious look. "Haha, don't be so cautious, I'd be turned to roast chicken if I even dreamed of trying to poison you or anything, I'm on your side here, remember?" I see why Touya doesn't trust him all that much. He's a great hero, and the way he acts is so strangely unreadable, I can't tell at all how genuine he is.