Chapter 12 Mysterious Voice

"Father, the head of the family..." Yan Sheng still wanted to fight for it, but it was just a fight between two juniors, so why did he lose the position of head of the family.

  "I have made up my mind." Yan Zhongshan spoke majestically and looked at Yan Sheng seriously, "Back then, I went into seclusion and temporarily handed over the power of running the family to you. Now it seems that you still need to gain experience."

  "I..." Yan Sheng was choked.

  At that time, Yan Zhongshan did say that he would only temporarily hand over the power of running the family to him. The period during which Yan Zhongshan was in seclusion was his assessment period. However, Yan Wufeng was dead and Yan Wifei was abolished. The power of running the family was Who else can take it besides him? He didn't care about this matter in his heart. Decades of life and death had made him acquiesce that the position of head of the family was his.

  Yan Zhongshan nodded, "What happened today is that you were at fault first. Let's do this. You apologize to Yan Xi and give her your half-year monthly salary as compensation. This matter will be over." There

  was a hint of emotion in his voice. With King Xuan's pressure, everyone knew that this would never change.

  Yan Sheng's heart was in turmoil for a while, and finally he clenched his fists to hide his emotions, trying hard to maintain the image of an uncle who corrected his mistakes in front of Yan Zhongshan, "Yan Xi, uncle misunderstood you, I'm really sorry."

  He must perform well to get it as soon as possible. Return to the throne.

  Yan Xi waved his hand with a smile, "It's okay, uncle has misunderstood people for a day or two."

  Yan Sheng almost ran out of breath and had a myocardial infarction, so he could only pinch his own hand and tell himself that Yan Zhongshan was still watching, endure it, he had to Tolerate!

  When one day he truly takes control of the position of head of the family, he must make this little beast look good.

  He could still endure it. Yan Lan had been pampered since she was a child and had become so unruly and willful. How could he endure it?

  She looked at Yan Xi fiercely. If eyes could kill, Yan Xi would be riddled with holes at this time.

  "Yan Xi, I'm sorry!" Every word she spoke was full of gritted teeth, and she stared at Yan Xi coldly, "The family competition will be held in a month. I hope to see you on the stage." Yan Xi

  . Although the family does not allow the children of the family to fight in private, it does not prohibit discussions and competitions. The family competition held every four years is a grand gathering of the Yan family, and every disciple must participate.

  Faced with her provocation, Yan Xi just curled his lips slightly, "Cousin Yan Lan, don't forget to send the monthly routine to our Qingxi Courtyard."

  On the stage, Yan Zhongshan waved his hand to dismiss the meeting and left first with his hands behind his back.

  "Yan Xi, I was just careless this time. Wait until the family competition." Yan Lan approached Yan Xi and lowered her voice.

  "It seems that you didn't kowtow enough today." Yan Xi raised his eyebrows and looked at her with a half-smile.

  Yan Lan, "You can only use your words."

  Yan Sheng, who walked to the front and was depressed because of losing the master's seal, turned around and saw that Yan Lan was still with Yan Xi, and frowned, "Yan Lan , let's go!"

  Those cold eyes glanced at Yan Xi coldly, "Yan Xi, you can take care of yourself." After that, he rolled up his sleeves and left.

  Soon, Yan Xi and Yan Chu were the only two people left in the huge meeting hall.

  Yan Chushi came up to him and grinned, "Uncle, they are going to be so angry."

  Yan Xi curled his lips, "I'll make them angry again in the future."

  "Yeah, yeah, make them two scumbags so angry!" They bullied us before!" Yan Chushi nodded like a chicken pecking at rice, and waved his fist in anger, as if the air in front of him was Yan Lan and Yan Sheng.

  After the farce ended, Yan Xi returned to his yard.

  Aunt Wang was waiting anxiously in the yard. She was not qualified to go to the Yan family's meeting hall.

  I thought Yan Xi would come back scarred this time, but he breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that she was safe and sound.

  Yan Xi comforted Aunt Wang, washed her briefly, and then hurriedly began to check her physical condition.

  She must figure out the reason why this body cannot cultivate. Strength is the most important thing in Tianqi Continent. If she doesn't have strength, she won't be able to pass the family competition a month later, not to mention going to the Longyuan Empire to investigate the truth about her father.

  Yan Lan Yansheng suffered such a big loss today and would definitely not let it go.

  She sat cross-legged, her mental power enveloped her Dantian veins, and she began to look inside.

  Inner vision is a very mysterious state for practitioners, which can help practitioners understand their own physical conditions more accurately.

  It has nothing to do with the realm of cultivation, but generally only practitioners who have formally cultivated Xuan Qi or Spiritual Qi can understand it. Ordinary people, even practitioners at the ninth level of body refining in Tianqi Continent, cannot do it.

  Although the cultivation paths on Earth and Apocalypse Continent are slightly different, there are also similarities. Yan Xi had practiced to the advanced level of ancient martial arts in her previous life. For her, inner vision was as simple as drinking water and eating.

  "Huh?" The more he checked his body, the more shocked Yan Xi was.

  Using her mental power to explore her body, she found that her veins seemed to be covered with a layer of light blue crystals, and a cold air permeated her body.

  This is not like being born with blocked tendons at all, but rather like... being administered an extremely severe cold poison. The cold energy gathers in the tendons and even materializes.

  The tendons are blocked by ice crystals, and some of the tendons are even frozen to death. The spiritual energy cannot flow smoothly. It is strange that the original owner can practice!

  Yan Xi frowned. If it was just a simple blockage of muscles and veins, she could still solve it.

  But this strange cold poison and the drama of cold nature were something that even she had never seen or heard of.

  "The cold soul of the ice abyss is quite strange." A deep voice sounded slowly, as if coming from all directions, making it impossible for anyone to find any trace of it.

  "who?!"

  Yan Xi's eyes sharpened, her whole body muscles tensed, she held her breath and observed her surroundings vigilantly. Although her cultivation was gone, her perception was still there.

  Being able to approach her without her noticing, without showing any breath... Yan Xi's scalp was numb, this guy was terrifyingly strong!
  But after that sound, the whole room seemed to fall into silence, and there was no more sound.

  Yan Xi got up from the bed, carefully explored the edges of the door and windows, and checked every corner carefully.

  If someone had been here, they would have left some traces, which could not be hidden from her eyes.

  In reconnaissance and counter-reconnaissance, she dared to be second in her previous life, but no one dared to be first.

  After a while, Yan Xi returned to bed without finding any traces, but suddenly felt a burning sensation on his wrist.

  She looked at the black iron bracelet on her hand, with a thoughtful look in her eyes.

  It was a bracelet made of a piece of black iron sheet. It looked like it was made from a few pieces of discarded iron sheets, like rags picked from the garbage.

  This iron bracelet was accidentally obtained by Yan Wufeng in a forbidden area. That forbidden area was a place where even king-level masters would almost die if they entered it. Yan Wufeng was lucky to come out alive from there.

  But Yan Wufeng never figured out the purpose of the iron bracelet, or even what metal the bracelet was made of.

  But later Yan Wufeng discovered that the bracelet had a calming effect on Yan Xi, so he gave it to his daughter. After Yan Wufeng died, all the valuable things in Yan Xi's room were taken away, except for this humble bracelet that no one valued.

  Yan Xi stared at the bracelet and thought carefully about the previous situation. He heard the sound even though no one was around, but when the strange sound appeared, the bracelet seemed to change.

  A suspicion arose in her heart. She stared at the dark, plain iron bracelet, her eyes as cold as ice, and shouted coldly, "Come out, come out!"

  (End of this chapter)