Chapter 25: What do you think about the marriage to the Holy Son?

"Boldness is too exaggerated. It's still a little smaller than the sky." Yan Xi blinked and pretended to be serious.

  "It's just your skin." Yan Hong said angrily and threw the porcelain bottle in his hand to Yan Xi, "Use this saprophytic muscle removal ointment first. It has the effect of diluting scars."

  Yan Xi looked at the plaster in his hand. , this is a very popular beauty plaster in Danbao Pavilion. It is very popular among women in Muyuncheng and is very expensive.

  Although she didn't need it, it was the elder's wish. Yan Xi smiled and accepted, "Then Yan Xi would like to thank Elder Hong."

  Yan Hong opened his mouth, as if he wanted to say something, but hesitated.

  "Do you have anything else to say?" Yan Xi tilted his head.

  "Yan Xi, don't resent your grandfather. He used to..." Before Yan Hong could finish his words, he suddenly saw a majestic figure walking over with his hands behind his back.

  The person who came happened to be Yan Zhongshan.

  "Yan Xi, come to the study with me." Yan Zhongshan got straight to the point as soon as he arrived.

  "Grandpa." Upon hearing that Yan Zhongshan was going to take Yan Xi away, Yan Chushi thought that Yan Zhongshan was planning to settle the accounts for Yan Lan's affairs.

  He tightened his grip on Yan Xi's sleeves and looked at Yan Zhongshan anxiously with his big dark eyes.

  "What? Are you afraid that I will eat your sister?" Seeing Yan Chushi's protective look, Yan Zhongshan raised his eyebrows and asked with interest, but his majestic face made this expression look even more... The evil spirit is fierce.

  Yan Zhongshan seemed to realize this, and immediately coughed twice, with an expressionless expression, "Don't worry, I just want to talk to Yan Xi."

  "On the tenth day of the month, you go first." Yan Xi touched it Little Shota's head.

  Yan Chushi nodded obediently and left.

  "I will listen to you on the tenth day of the month." Yan Zhongshan walked in front and said with emotion when he saw this scene, "I would be relieved if all the children of the Yan family had such a good relationship like you.

  Obviously they all have the same blood, but brothers and sisters The relationship between them is divided into close and distant, and some even turn against each other. Don't you think it's strange?"

  Hearing his hint about his relationship with Yan Lan, Yan Xi raised his eyebrows and said bluntly, "It's just a matter of sincerity, blood relationship. It doesn't mean everything. There will be bad bamboo shoots in good bamboos, and not everyone is worthy of true friendship.

  If the patriarch means to forgive Yan Lan for what he has done over the years, Yan Xi just said

  , "Yan Zhongshan said." What are you talking about?"

  "How to repay kindness with kindness?"

  Yan Xi spoke out eight words quietly, his eyes as black as ink were covered with a layer of ice, and he stared at Yan Zhongshan calmly, "Don't punish Shi. Doesn't the patriarch think it's outrageous to ask the victim to forgive the perpetrator?

  Or...because she is a genius and I am a waste who cannot practice, so I deserve all the bullying I have suffered over the years?

  " A very sharp rhetorical question.

  Yan Xi felt a sense of depression rising in his heart, which belonged to the original owner and was suppressed by decades of bullying.

  Yan Zhongshan stared at the girl in front of him and sighed in his heart, what a little hedgehog.

  Moreover, he noticed that she called him clan leader instead of...grandpa.

  The kid still blamed him.

  Yan Zhongshan sighed heavily, "Sorry, your father passed away. I have been in seclusion for ten years, but I failed to take good care of you."

  "Grandpa, instead of apologizing to me, it is better to apologize to my father." Yan Xi's eyebrows flashed. A trace of restlessness. When he mentioned Yan Wufeng, it reminded her of her father being convicted of being a thief and expelled from the family tree.

  "Yan Xi." Yan Hong, who had been following behind as a background, finally couldn't hold back and called out anxiously.

  Yan Zhongshan raised his hand and pressed it down to tell Yan Hong to stop talking. He said in a deep voice, "I don't believe Feng'er would do anything like stealing either."

  The ice in Yan Xi's eyes was even worse.

  So... knowing that Yan Wufeng didn't do anything, he deliberately slandered her?

  "When I heard the news of Wu Feng's death, I immediately announced that I would hand over the family affairs to your uncle, and then I hid my identity and traveled through the night to the Longyuan Empire to investigate the matter." Yan Zhongshan said in a heavy tone.

  Yan Xi was stunned, did this happen back then?
  "The Yan family cannot do without King Xuan, so I didn't tell anyone else about this matter. Only Yan Hong and a few other elders knew about it." Yan Zhongshan recounted what happened that year, "After I arrived at the Longyuan Empire, I secretly searched for information about your parents, hoping to at least recover the body.

  Later, someone discovered that I was investigating Feng'er and started to hunt me down. I was hit by the opponent's palm, and there was a poison in the palm.

  I didn't dare to be in Long again . I stayed in the Yuan Empire and traveled all night before returning to Muyun Town, and asked Yan Hong to spread the news that I was going to retreat to prepare for the breakthrough of Xuanzong.

  In fact, I have been clearing the poison from my palm for these years, and it was not until a few days ago that I controlled the remaining poison. "

  Yan Xi discovered that Yan Zhongshan's aura was strong on the surface, but very deficient on the inside. It was obviously caused by long-term deficiency.

  It was just that he was far away and had been using coercion to cover up the true condition of her body, so she didn't notice it.

  "Son, your father's affairs are much more than what they appear on the surface. The Yan family is just an ant that can be crushed to death with one foot in front of the other party." Yan Zhongshan still has palpitations when he thinks about the person he met that night.

  "When your uncle announced that your father would be expelled from the family tree, I had just returned from Longyuan and was too poisoned to come forward. But I can't hold him accountable for this, because the Yan family simply can't afford to offend such a behemoth. As far as the head of the family is concerned, In terms of duty, what he did was not wrong.

  As a father, I want to seek justice for Feng'er, but as a clan leader, I can't do whatever I want, you know?"

  This old man, who was originally full of majesty, now had a look of aging on his delicate and majestic face.

  "I know." Yan Xi nodded. She was also the head of the Yan family in her previous life, so she naturally knew that she was responsible for the prosperity of the family.

  Yan Zhongshan nodded happily and wanted to take advantage of the atmosphere to ask her to call her grandpa.

  This girl from Feng'er's family has been afraid of him since she was a child. She has always avoided him when she saw him. Now she is finally not afraid of him. He must listen to grandpa!
  However, before he could be happy for a few seconds, he heard his granddaughter blink her eyes and utter an infuriating sentence, "But, you said so much, isn't the fundamental reason because you are not strong enough?"

  Yan Zhongshan said, "..." Hearing his granddaughter say something that hurt the old man's heart, he still couldn't deny it!

  Yan Hong disagreed and said, "Yan Xi, that's out of necessity. You are still young and don't know the difficulties faced by the head of the family."

  Yan Xi smiled lightly, and a glimmer of light flashed under his dark eyes, "I don't know how other people are, but as long as I Those who protect them will be given justice and will not be wronged. "

  Canglanxing used to be one of the eight ancient martial arts families. When she was the head of the family, no one in Canglanxing dared to bully the Yan family.

  Looking at the carefree girl in front of him, Yan Zhongshan had a strange feeling - she was not joking.

  He couldn't even help but think, if Yan Xi was not a waste, would it be a good choice for her to take over the Yan family?

  "I will seek justice for my father for the injustice he suffered. Grandpa, you came to me not just to talk about these things, right?" The misunderstanding was solved, and Yan Xi felt that this old man who liked to have a straight face was not so annoying.

  Hearing Yan Xi call him grandpa, Yan Zhongshan felt happy. But when he thought about the questions he wanted to ask later, his usually serious face looked a little embarrassed.

  The old man has been an iron-blooded man all his life. This is the first time he has dealt with the feelings of a younger generation. "Ahem... Actually, grandpa also wants to ask... Xi'er, what do you think about your marriage to the Holy Son?"

  (End of Chapter)