Chapter 2 - Broke

"Coming!" We both yelled, one after the other.

We ran downstairs, doing what he wanted. He came up to us and asked us, "who the heck left their plate on the table after having supper today? Who was it!?"

"That was me," Peytlin admitted.

Dad slapped her across the face, then hit her again. He looked at me, then slapped me. I didn't know what I did wrong.

"What did I do?" I asked.

"Don't talk back!" He yelled, slapping me again, "you should've put the plate away for your sister. Then none of this would've happened!"

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Now go upstairs and go to bed!" He ordered.

"But it's only six thirty," I told him.

He slapped me again, "you do what I say. I don't care what time it is. Go to bed!"

"Okay," we began to walk upstairs, and Peytlin frowned at me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"It's not your fault," she assured me.

When I got up to my room, I took my camera off of the tripod. I put the tripod away and took my camera into my bed with me. I began to watch the video I had just recorded. Little did I know, my dad was right outside of my room. He came in and yelled, "what is that shit I hear you listening to and watching? Is that another one of your fucking videos!?"

He slapped the camera out of my hand, hitting my hard wood floor. I heard a crack. I hated that sound.

"Go to sleep!" He stormed out of my room and into his room.

I picked my camera up from the floor and saw that the lens was cracked. If I filmed any more with this, they would be terrible. I needed a new camera now. I don't have the money, though. I tried to turn it on, but it wouldn't.

I put the broken camera in my bedside table, then turned around and went to sleep. It took me a while to fall asleep while thinking about my broken camera, but I was still able to. Before I did fall asleep, though, I got out my phone and texted Luke. I told him that I dropped my camera and that it doesn't work anymore. I wanted to see what he said I should do.

"Oh my god.. No! can you buy a new one?" He responded.

"I don't have the money.."

"So are you going to put YouTube on hold until you can get a new one?"

"I don't know.."

"You can't. Everyone loves you!"

"I don't know what I'd do, though. Record with my phone!?"

"You could.."

"The videos would be terrible, though"

"It would be better than stopping YouTube for a while"

"I guess"

"Trust me, everyone loves you. They don't care what you use to record the videos, or how bad they look. If they make them laugh or smile, they like it"

"Thanks Luke.. You always make me feel better"

"Anytime😘"

"omg I think my dad is coming I need to go"

"Ok ttyl"

I turned my phone off and placed it on my bedside table. I pretended to be asleep. My dad did walk in, but he just walked right out after huffing. I fell asleep for real in the next few minutes.

------

The next morning, I told Peytlin about my broken camera. She wasn't surprised that dad broke my camera. We both knew it was going to happen sometime. I never wanted that to happen, though. He knows how important YouTube is to me, but he doesn't care. The judge gave custody to dad after the divorce, except for every other weekend, we go to mum's house. I just want to live with my mum.