Chapter 24 - New Years

December 31, 2015

It was now New Year's Eve. I was so excited for the new year. So was Luke. We were having a party at his house. We had invited lots of people, including Louis, Liam, Niall, Harry, Josh, Sandy, Jon, Dan, Paul, and Adam. We invited Michael, Ashton, and Calum. Aurora was coming along, but she was leaving two-year-old Jax with her parents for the night.  I then invited the O2L boys. Only Ricky and Sam were able to come, but I was excited even to see just them.

My mum wasn't there. Liz and Andrew had gone away for a few days, but Jack and Ben were at the house too.

Luke had got some drinks, of course. You can't have a New Year's Party without drinks. I had one drink, and that was it for a while. Luke had one also, but I stopped him after his first. I wasn't going to have any more. I didn't want to get drunk. I didn't want him to get drunk either. I have seen him and been around him when he's drunk. I didn't want him to tear up the whole house.

When it was almost midnight, we began the countdown. I stood beside Luke. We screamed, "10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!" I grabbed Luke's hand, and we raised our arms, "Happy New Year!"

I turned towards Luke and kissed him. We pulled away from each other and Luke led me upstairs. He took me into his bedroom after whispering to me, "it's gonna be a great year, babe."

------

Later that morning, I realized that almost everyone was staying over at the house that night since everyone except for a few of them were from out of the country and didn't have a place to stay for the night. Adam and Paul left, but everyone else stayed.

We had lots of fun that night. Aurora and I were the only girls, but we didn't mind. We had a great time anyways. Aurora and I were talking the night away.

I talked to Ricky and Sam a lot about missing the other guys. I know it had only been a little over a month, I still missed them because they were some of my best friends in the world.

Also, this was the first time I had actually met One Direction and their band. I had never met them before. I had only talked to them over FaceTime or Skype when I was talking to Luke and they popped up. They were really fun to be around.

Then, Niall asked about a tour, if the boys were going on be this year. Luke told them about the upcoming tour.

"So how do you two deal with being without them for months?" Liam asked.

"Well, I've dealt with it for the past three years, and two of those, I've had Jax. We go to some concerts to surprise him sometimes. I'm used to it, though, and I don't mind since he's chasing his dream," Aurora told him.

"Yeah, I'm used to it too. I also go on tours with my fellow YouTubers every winter, well, summer in America. Sometimes I see him, and if he's near where I'm at, I'll go to see him," I smiled, thinking of what Aurora had said about them chasing their dreams. I loved to think that they were doing what they love, even though we don't get to see each other much.

Luke sat down next to me, "so you are okay with us going on so many tours?"

"Luke, you're doing what you love. You've been doing it for the past three years. I don't mind," I smiled at him.

"But I love you too.. And I hate seeing you sad when we don't see each other for months," he frowned.

"Babe, don't worry about it. I love that you are following your dreams. I'm doing the same with YouTube, and you're supporting me. Why wouldn't I support you?"

"I love you, Eleanor Marie," he kissed my forehead.

I laid my head in his shoulder, "I love you too, Lucas Robert.."

------

Later that day, in the evening, everyone had already left. Michael, Ashton, Calum, and Aurora had left earlier, in late morning. Everyone else was leaving near the time of their flights. I told Liam, Harry, Niall, Louis, Dan, Josh, Jon, and Sandy that I would have to hang out with them again sometime. I told Ricky and Sam that I'd miss them, and that I'd see them during the tours. I also wanted them to tell the other boys hi for me.

I went home to the flat. I thought of ideas of what to do for my next YouTube video, which I would have to film the next day. I didn't have any ideas. I called Aurora for ideas.

"Hey Eleanor," she answered.

"Hey Aurora," I said back.

"Whatcha want?"

"I was going to ask for ideas about my video for tomorrow."

"Maybe something for New Years?"

"Like what for New Years, though?"

"You could do a 'how not to celebrate New Years' video."

"That's great! Thanks Aurora," I smiled even though she couldn't see me.

"You're welcome," I then heard crying in the background. Calum also yelled, and Aurora responded with an "okay." I was guessing it was Jax.

"I've got to go," she told me.

"Okay. Talk to you later.."

"Okay. Bye," she hung up.

I got out my notebook and began to write down ideas for how not to celebrate New Years. I came up with some pretty good ones.