Chapter 5 - Realization

My mum arrived thirty-five minutes later, close to when she said she'd be here. Luke and I were still sitting next to each other, and we were still crying.

I knew when my mum was here, because I heard the door slam. She then yelled, "where are you guys?"

"We're up here! By Peytlin's room!" I yelled.

I heard her come running up the stairs. She saw us sitting there and almost broke down crying. It had just hit her. She looked into Peytlin's room and saw the blood stain on the carpet. That is when it really hit her. Her daughter was dead.

I had already had many moments of realization of what had just happened. That's when I started crying a lot after quitting for a little bit. I knew I'd have an "aftershock" moment here and there when I'd see something that would remind me of Peytlin.

"Why did you never tell me about your father being abusive? I knew he would slam on the table or the walls when he was mad, but I didn't know he took it out on you guys.."

"He has a very short temper."

"I knew that.."

"He would always take his anger out on us. It was terrible."

"Aren't you glad he's in jail now?"

"I'd rather have him still abusing us with Peytlin here than no abuse and no Peytlin. Mum, Peytlin and I were best friends and sisters. I don't know what to feel."

"It's alright, Eleanor. You can live with me now, and you'll be better off, okay?"

"Are you sure Conner won't hurt me?" I asked, referring to my step-dad. I can't trust any grown man that I live with now, unless I know them well.

"He won't, I promise. You tell me if he ever does, though."

"I don't want to leave Norwest, though. I want to stay at the same school. That's where all of my best friends are. I know nobody who lives around you."

"Conner and I can move here. I won't mind. Tonight, we can stay in a hotel, then tomorrow I can look for flats."

"Thanks mum."

"Eleanor, you know I can't let you two stay in a hotel when you're this close to my house. You can stay with us. We have a guest room," Luke offered.

"Thank you, Luke," mum smiled, "are you sure Liz and Andrew won't mind?"

"One hundred percent."

"In that case, I'll let you have the guest room, Eleanor. I can sleep on the couch."

"Okay. But, can we leave now? I don't want to be in here any more right now. Just let me get my tripod, computer, and charger cord, and that's all I really need out of here.." I told them, walking into my room. I saw that a piece from my tripod was on my bed. I looked beside my bed on the left side, and there was my tripod, smashed. Of course. I decided to grab some clothes for tomorrow plus my makeup.

I walked back out of my room, saying, "Well he smashed my tripod too."

"Okay.. Let's go. Let's leave all the bad memories here, and we can go to my house," Luke finally suggested.

"I'm with you," I assured him, and mum followed us downstairs.

Luke and I drove in his car to his house while mum drove behind us in her car. We got there quickly, as usual.

Luke and I walked up to his room, and I sat down. He looked over at me, then smiled. I couldn't smile back after what had happened today.

"Uh, you can get into anything you want in my room, plus feel free to eat anything in the kitchen, as usual. I'll be back later," he told me, walking out of his room. I was confused.

I just stayed seated on he bed for a while I decided I'd make a video with my phone on what happened today. I could upload it today in addition to my one on Sunday. I found a way to set my phone up so the camera would be facing towards me. This wasn't going to be easy.