Prologue

Prologue

  It’s finally September 4th and I couldn’t be more grateful than I am right now about that. I need to be at school, not because I’m a total swot or a nerd or anything, but because it’s the only place where I have some structure and support to help me through my miserable life. That pretty much explains how big of a mess my life is right now, seeing as I’d rather be at school, stuck with teachers and mobs of sick girls who are obsessed with me for some odd reason, than at home with my family or even being out with my mates. I suppose the girls being so interested in me comes with the territory of being, what you’d call the most popular guy at school, the one who everyone admires and looks up to even though they don’t know a single thing about me. It can be annoying because if one person finds out something juicy about you, the whole school would know about it before the day is even over.

  You’re probably wondering why I hate my wretched life so much, and don’t worry there’s a hell of a lot more to it then me being sick of my status at school. To tell you the truth it’s pretty hard to explain properly, but let’s just say I don’t have it easy.

  My situation at home is worse than it’s ever been; their new method of keeping me under control is violence. I don’t blame them though, they’ve tried everything else and I simply don’t listen, not because I'm a bad guy but because it’s hard to stop once you get started. I guess you could say I'm mildly addicted to the party lifestyle now. I drink, I smoke and I occasionally inject God knows what into me. That’s why I have problems with my parents; they don’t like me doing that sort of stuff. Why would they? Hell, I don’t even like it, but I can’t help it anymore.

  What annoys me most is that they think I'm doing all of this to spite them, they think I’m an ignorant disobedient brat all of the time because I only want to have things my way and I don’t care about who I hurt to get it, but I'm not like that at all. I’d stop if I have the option to, but right now my reckless lifestyle is almost as important as the brief structure I can get at school, so basically it’s better for me right now to let things carry on as they are.