Chapter 29

Chapter 29 – Cole’s Point Of View

  If only John wasn't here right now. Everything would be better and a hell of a lot easier for Zack and I. I mean it’s so obvious that Zack isn’t in the state to be dealing with John questioning and lecturing him. It’s not fair on him. And also with John here there’s a limit to how many things I can do to cheer him up. Stupid John’s ruining everything.

  Why did he even come with us? He clearly doesn’t care about Zack or the way that I feel about him. There must be some sort of reason to explain why he’s here though; right?

  I noticed the looks that John was giving Zacky so I hit his arm with force. Why can’t he just leave him alone?

  “Stop it,” I hissed.

  He shook his head at me as if this was a big joke to him. How pathetic can you get? Zack’s a kid who’s probably traumatised after what’s just happened to him. Can’t John treat him a little bit better!

  I know he’s my brother and he cares about me but this is pushing it a bit. Zacky’s really upset and he’s still acting like an overprotective jerk even though he knows I wish he’d support mine and Zack’s relationship.

  It was a long awkward car ride that was mostly in silence after that. No one dared to speak but compared to John voicing his thoughts; I was enjoying this uncomfortable atmosphere. 

  When we arrived at my home Zack seemed hesitant to get out. I can’t blame him really. The poor thing’s still in shock and well, the last time we were both here things were a little... awkward.

  “Come on,” I said as I entwined his fingers with mine to take him into the house. “Don't worry about John,” I whispered as we walked in.

  My brother had already made himself comfortable on the sofa with the TV on and his feet resting on the coffee table; he knows how much I hate him doing that! Jerk!

  “Do you want a drink?” I softly asked Zack as he took a seat at the opposite side of the room to John.

  He nodded lightly and I walked out to the kitchen to get it for him, followed by John. At least if he’s here bothering me he won’t be making things even worse for Zack.

  “What are you playing at John?” I asked him fiercely, slamming my fist down on the counter.

  “He’s using you Cole,” he hissed at me.

  “I'm not listening to this John. You don’t know him!”

  No one knows him and no one has the right to judge him like that.

  “He seems awfully clingy-”

  “I’d be surprised if he wasn't after what happened to him,” I grunted. What a jerk! “How can you be so insensitive?”

  He shook his head at me with a dirty look on his face. As he walked closer to me I knew he was going to say something ridiculous that I didn’t want to hear.

  “He just wants sex Cole,” he sighed. “That’s all anyone wants from you.”

  My mouth practically dropped open and I slapped him; hard. That really stung. He knows how much I hate it when he talks about things like that. In the past I was in a few bad relationships where my partner just abused me. We’d be great and happy together for months but then something would change and they’d start hurting me. They’d cause me as much pain as possible until I gave them what they wanted, whenever they wanted it.