Chapter 23

Chapter 23

  I felt like I was completely alone. Just sitting there crying; no one even cares. Why would anyone care about me? No one likes me so why would they care? The simple answer is that they wouldn't. Sure, some people might but I don’t really want those people all over me, trying to make me feel better. The only person who can cheer me up is Cole and he’s probably with some kid at the moment.

  After a while Mr. Markham came out to check on me. Isn't he kind? He just stood over me and stared at me; not exactly a comfortable moment for me at all.

  “What’s the matter?” he asked me in an angry voice.

  Why is he mad? I haven’t done anything wrong. He just hates me as much as I hate him. That must be why because there isn't anything else it could be.

  He knelt down so that he was at my level then he made me look up at him and give him eye contact.

  “Are you going to tell me?”

  “No,” I whispered.

  “Look, Zack I can’t help you if you don’t tell me. Is the class bothering you again?”

  I looked up at him and shook my head. No one had been talking about me today, well, not that I know of. Then again I wasn't actually listening to anyone, I was having a flashback. The school could have blown up and I wouldn't have noticed.

  “Are there problems at home?” he asked me, looking sincere but still using his monotone voice.

  “No,” I sniffed.

  “Do you feel ill?”

  I nodded weakly at him. I didn’t feel ill ill, but I certainly didn’t feel any good after reliving that. My body was actually aching. It was like I wasn't just seeing it all again but I was feeling everything to. And let me tell you, it hurts just as much the second time round.

  “If you go down to the office I’ll get Liza to bring your bag down for you in a minute, okay?”

  “Yeah,” I mumbled as I got up to my feet and limped over to the office.

  When I got there they said they’d need to talk to my head of year first to see if I can go, which is fair enough, I suppose. I mean they can’t just let me leave, but they can’t really stop me from just walking out either. I wonder what would happen if I got up and left. They might tell me to sit back down but they can’t make me.

  As I sat there, my tears had stopped falling however my eyes were bound to still be red and puffy. Most people have probably heard about it by now anyway, so I don’t need to try and hide it anymore. I cried, so what? We all do it!

  I noticed a boy who I hadn’t seen before, looking at me from where he was standing at the office. He had wispy black hair that stuck out at the bottom shaping his face. He was pretty good looking. Man, his eyes looked so delicious; chocolate brown!

  He smiled lightly at me and for some reason that made me angry. He was only doing that because he knew I was upset. Wait, that’s a good thing isn't it, maybe he wanted to cheer me up. Or maybe he was trying not to laugh. That’ll be it.

  “Are you alright?” he asked me.

  “Why wouldn't I be?” I answered him sharply with a question.

  “I was just asking,” he sighed then turned back to the woman in the office.

  “Well, here’s your timetable and a map of the school. If you get lost feel free to ask anyone for help,” the lady smiled at him.