Chapter 17

Chapter 17 – (Cole’s Point Of View)

  Someone was waiting for me outside my house. I knew exactly who it was but that didn’t mean I wasn't terrified. I'm a grown man; I shouldn’t be scared, should I? Then again, what do I know? I mean it’s not like many people have to do this sort of thing under these circumstances, and I for one certainly haven’t.

  I walked towards the front door of my apartment with my body shaking all over. I can’t believe I’m about to do this. What am I thinking? I’m not thinking at all. I can’t do this! Why did I ever agree to this?

  Then it hit me, I'm doing this for Zack. Sure, when I first said yes it was to keep my career intact, but after what Zack said yesterday about doing whatever he can to protect me, I feel like I need to do this; if I don’t I’ll be letting Zack down and jeopardising this entire secret.

  “It’s now or never,” I sighed before opening the door to see Mr. Baker standing there.

  I can’t believe I'm going to do this. I don’t even know the guys first name!

  “Are you ready?” he asked me.

  “Let’s just get this over with,” I mumbled as I walked out and slammed the door shut behind me.

  “After you,” he grinned as he opened the passenger door for me.

  “Aren’t you kind,” I hissed at him.

  “Don’t give me that attitude! I get enough of that at school.”

  I bet you do. This guy makes me sick, seriously. Throughout the car drive I was constantly trying to resist gagging. It was horrible. The hardest part was that he made it a condition that I had to at least look like I was enjoying myself. How the hell am I meant to do that?

  As we pulled over at the restaurant I stated feeling even worse. There were so many people in there and I have him for company. What if someone recognises us? What do we do then? I know what he’d do: lie and tell them all we’re a couple, and with me being me, I wouldn’t have the balls to argue with him or tell them otherwise.  

  “Come on,” he grunted as he took hold of my hand and literally yanked me out of the car. “You’re going to have a lot of fun tonight,” he smirked.

  The things I’d do to wipe that stupid grin off his face. I’d list them but it would end up becoming too tempting and I wouldn’t be able to resist hitting him right here and now. That probably won’t help the situation though, will it?

  “Smile,” he hissed as we walked in together.

  I usually get some weird looks when I'm out with a boyfriend, but I’ve never had ones as bad as the ones I'm getting with Mr. Baker. Man this is embarrassing. What am I doing here?

  “Table for two please,” he said politely to the man behind the desk.

  “Come this way,” he said trying hard not to laugh at us.

  I hate people like him. I don’t care if I'm with Mr. Baker, he still doesn’t have the right to laugh at us being together. Gay couple’s aren’t that funny. Seriously, what is his problem?

  “I’ll go and get you a menu,” he sniggered.

  Mr. Baker was staring at me and he knew I was offended by the waiter.

  “Just ignore him,” he said, trying to sound sweet. “Most couples get treated like that at times.”

  I glared at him. Does he seriously think I don’t know that? Wow, wait a second; he might not know I'm gay. I’ve never told him and seeing me and Zack kissing doesn’t mean I'm gay because he thinks Zack came on to me. He thinks I'm straight and he doesn’t even care that I’ve been forced out on a date with him.