Chapter 26

Chapter 26

  “Zack, have you seen Kyle?” Beth asked as she ran towards me panicking.

  “What? No. Why?”

  “I haven’t seen him since lunch, have you? He said he was going for a run but when I asked if anyone saw him there they all said no.”

  “Has Ellie seen him?” I asked, really hoping that they hadn’t snuck off together.

  “No, she’s was in all my lessons today,” she cried. “I'm worried about him. What if someone took him?”

  “Beth, I'm sure he’s fine,” I said trying to calm her down, even though I knew her too well to think that she would.

  “Look, Zack. I know he went to the changing rooms, but he didn’t come out again,” she whispered.

  “What do you mean?” I asked her.

  “I'm scared something’s happened to him, okay?” she cried. “Will you look if he’s in there?”

  “Of course I will,” I told her. “But first I want you to take some deep breaths.”

  “Fine,” she panted then tried to slow her breathing. “Is that good enough?”

  I nodded weakly as we ran down to the boys changing rooms. The bell for the end of the day just rang so we knew we didn’t have too long before teachers will be walking around everywhere. They don’t really like you being in places you shouldn’t and they hate people who hang around after school, they generally give you a detention if they catch you and then force you to stay.

  Beth waited outside the door when I walked in. The room was empty except for one person; the new boy.

  “Why are you in here?” I asked him.

  “I was just leaving,” he grunted, and then I noticed he was wet and had toilet paper stuck to his shoe.

  “Ha, someone tried flushing you,” I laughed. “Way!”

  “Just leave me alone,” he grunted.

  As he tried to walk passed me I got in his way purposely. I don’t know what it is about this kid but I think I need to give him my full attention.

  “What makes you think I’m going to let you leave?” I asked him.

  He looked at me like he was really fed up and about to cry. I felt awful seeing him like that but for some reason it made me happy.

  I grabbed onto him and dragged him over to the showers and chucked him in there, turning on all of the water to get him nice and wet. That’ll teach him for laughing at me earlier. No one messes with me.

  When he tried to get up I shoved him back down again and he bashed himself against the wall.

  “You’re pathetic,” I grunted at him as his soaked body curled up on the floor crying.

  One thing I had to congratulate him on is how good he looked wet. God he was fit. Heck he looked absolutely adorable right now.

  I grabbed him and lifted him up from the floor; he was a lot lighter than he looked. Seriously it was like I was barely lifting anything. His body was all tense though which made it easier.

  “Stay out of my way,” I hissed at him and then dropped him back down again.

  As I looked down at him I felt awful. I am so mean! What’s wrong with me? I’d never be this harsh on people, so why am I to him?