Chapter 33

Chapter 33

  The bus! Great! Absolutely perfect! This is all I bloody need right now. And it’s not as if I have something that’ll draw even more attention to me than usual is it? Oh wait, there is! I’m in non uniform and I look like a total scruff. How could this get any worse?

  “Do you want us to stand away from you?” Liza asked me. “We wouldn't want to ruin what you have with your mates and everyone.”

  I stared at her for a while before realising what she was on about. I'm stillone of the most popular guys in school. The gossip would get even worse if they saw me hanging around with people at the bottom of the food chain (no offence to them, I love them but not everyone else does).

  “Thanks,” I whispered feeling awful.

  Even though she offered to stay away I still feel as if I’d just told them to get lost for my own selfish reasons. Man I feel bad now!

  “See you later,” they both smiled at me and then turned the corner to their bus stop. I decided I’d wait a while before joining them; I didn’t want anybody getting suspicious over anything.

  At first I got a few odd looks for being in my, well Zander’s, clothes but after a while people seemed to be used to it. No one even questioned why I was at their bus stop; well, not until Miranda came.

  She managed to look like an utter tart even when she was wearing her uniform. I mean he skirt was so short that if she bent down, even just a little bit, you’d see everything. And her shirt was way too tight and she had her top three buttons undone. What’s up with that? Then there was her makeup. She has to be the most orange person I have ever seen!

  “Why are you here Zacky Wacky?” she asked when she was next to me with some of her mates. “I thought you walked to school.”

  “I just felt like getting the bus today,” I mumbled.

  “So... why aren’t you wearing your uniform?”

  “I didn’t like it,” I smiled. “What about you?” I asked her. “Why are you wearing an orange on your face?”

  That was a little pathetic, I know but someone has to point it out to her. Maybe she’s colour blind or something and actually has no idea how ridiculous she looks.

  “Grow up Zack,” she hissed.

  “I’ll grow up as soon as you-”

  “Why are you here?” Kyle interrupted.

  I had a great come back lined up as well. I can’t believe Kyle ruined it for me. Stupid Kyle; I didn’t even see him coming. Wait, why’s he even here? Don’t tell me he was with Miranda.

  “I could ask you the same thing,” I muttered.

  He laughed at me and then wrapped his arm around Miranda.

  “I was spending some quality time with my new girlfriend,” he said as he pecked the tart on the cheek.

  I’d have laughed so hard if he sucked off part of her makeup so that she’d have a white patch surrounded by horrible orange.

  “You haven’t answered my question,” he hissed.

   “I can go on the bus if I want to,” I smiled.

  “Yeah but you don’t live around here.”

  “How would you know?” I hissed at him. It’s not like he’s ever been to my house. Heck, no one’s been to my house; I couldn’t risk it.