Chapter 24

Chapter 24

  In the end PE wasn't too bad and I could tell Mr. Baker was worried about me still. He kept looking over at me to make sure I was alright, but he didn’t make it obvious to anyone else that something was upsetting me. That’s why I prefer him to Mr. Markham; he has a better way with words.

  When I walked out of the changing rooms I accidently walked into someone. It honestly was an accident. I wasn't looking where I was going and now some poor kid’s on the floor.

  I looked down to him and realised who it was, well, it wasn't too hard to realise seeing as he’s the only person in school not wearing uniform at the moment.

  “Are you going to help me up?” he asked.

  “Surely you can manage that yourself,” I grunted back at him.

  “You could at least apologize,” he muttered as he got up and started rubbing off the bit of mud that he got on himself after his little trip.

  “I'm not saying sorry,” I grinned. “I meant to do it.”

  I know I was lying; it was accidental, but there’s something about this guy that I just can’t stand so there’s no chance that I’ll apologize to him.

  “Oh,” he sighed as I barged through him again and headed over to the bike sheds.

  I was planning on going to see Cole a little earlier than usual today but I thought I should at least let the guys know I’m alight seeing as they’ve probably heard about me crying by now.

  “Cry baby,” Kyle grunted as I walked over to everyone.

  “Are you alright now babes?” Beth asked in a caring voice as she wrapped her arms around me. “What was wrong?”

  “It doesn’t matter,” I sighed.

  “So you cried for nothing?” Kyle grunted again.

  “Leave him alone Kyle!” Beth said defensively. “Everyone is allowed a little cry. You know that better than most people,” Beth hissed.

  “What’s that meant to mean?” Kyle asked.

  “I mean it’s not like I haven’t seen you cry.”

  I have never seen Kyle cry so I had no idea how or when Beth could have. Kyle comes across as one of those guys who never cry, but then again, so do I. On the outside I use to be able to hide my emotions and feelings, but I'm struggling to keep doing that now.

  “When did Ky cry?” Jake asked as he joined our little conversation.

  “He probably won’t want me to tell you lot,” she grinned.

  “Just tell us!” Ellie said as she joined in too.

  I looked over at Kyle and noticed the dead expression on his face. He was too quiet now; he’s not even trying to stop her telling us about when he cried. That’s really out of character for him.

  “Are you alright Ky?” I asked him.

  “Yeah,” he mumbled.

  “He’s just getting embarrassed,” Ellie smiled giving him a really perverted look that only I noticed.

  “I'm not embarrassed.”

  “You’re red!” she shouted.

  “You are you know,” Jay added as he wrapped his arms around Ellie’s waist.