Chapter 43

Chapter 43 - Zacky’s Point Of View

  When we were back at Cole’s house we were both a lot calmer and we weren’t really worrying about much now. They won’t expel me; not without a really good reason, which missing the odd form time and PE lesson isn't, so we both have nothing to worry about.

  As we sat down for tea I remembered what the plans were for tonight: meeting up at Beth’s house and going out to a club or something. I knew it was going to be hard to get Cole to let me go out with everyone, so I've decided to not mention the whole story to him. I’ll just tell him that I'm going to stop at Beth’s house. He knows we’re close so he’ll believe that... I hope anyway.

  “Cole?” I asked him as he finished eating his tea.

  “Yes?” he smiled, sounding a little suspicious, like he knew something was going on.

  “Can I stay over at Beth’s tonight?” I said, quickly putting on the puppy dog eyes.

  “Well...”

  “I know you said I need to stay with you but it’s not like my dad or Mr. Baker are going to go Beth’s house looking for me, is it? Plus if you don’t want me walking on my own at this time of night you could drop me near hers,” I smiled at him.

  “Okay,” he whispered.

  Did he seriously just say I could go? I didn’t expect it to be that easy by a long shot. Cole never budges that easily, but for now I'm not going to question it because I don’t really want to risk him changing his answer.

  “You better behave yourself though,” he told me. “And sleep in separate rooms,” he smiled. “We don’t want to risk you two doing anything, do we?” he laughed.

  “We wouldn't dare,” I laughed. “I like someone else anyway,” I muttered.

  “Who?” he asked me, as soon as I’d finished speaking, like an excited little kid. 

  “You,” I smiled as I leaned over and kissed his nose a little. “You’re pretty dumb for a teacher,” I teased him.

  “Oh shut up,” he laughed. “I’ll have you know that I'm doing my first cover lesson next week.”

  “Ha, good luck,” I joked. “What year do you have?” I asked him.

  “Yours,” he grinned.

  “Oh you definitely need luck then,” I laughed. “What lesson is it for?”

  “Mr. Markham’s maths,” he sighed. “What joy?”

  “That’s my group,” I smiled at him and he smiled back.

  “Well you better pay attention because I'm going to pick on you the whole time.”

  I shook my head at him, not even he could make me pay attention to a maths lesson, even if he was planning on making me look like an idiot in front of everyone. Who knows, we might get a chuckle out of it.

  “Erm, could I borrow something to wear?” I asked him nervously as I changed the topic.

  “I thought you didn’t want me to get you things.”

  “I don’t but, I don’t want to wear this again at Beth’s,” I told him.

  He nodded unsurely and we went upstairs to his room to find some clothes for me. We decided on this green button up shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans, which were pretty baggy on me seeing as they were his.

  “Would you like underwear this time?” he asked me, laughing a little.

  “That’d be nice,” I blushed as I changed into all of the clothes we’d picked out for me. “Thanks Cole,” I smiled.