Chapter 25

Chapter 25

  I followed her onto the field as she dragged me along by my arm, which for some reason didn’t bother me too much. Weird. I suppose I was just feeling sorry for her.

  We sat down on the grass and I had a look around to see if I could see Kyle running. I couldn’t. Strange seeing as that’s what he said he’d be doing. I could see a few other guys racing up and down on the track but Kyle defiantly wasn't there.

  “Everyone hates me,” she moaned as she lay down on the grass beside me. “My mates think I’m pathetic because of my family. It’s not fair.”

  “I know what that’s like,” I whispered. “If my friends ever met my parents... let’s just say they wouldn't be my friends long after that.”

  “Yours aren’t as bad as mine,” she grinned. “Did you see them at my party? They were awful!”

  I nodded at her and smiled weakly. Just because your parents are embarrassing doesn’t mean they’re awful. They still love her and they’d never hurt her, unlike mine.

  “They could be a lot worse,” I mumbled. “I mean there are some people out there who don’t have parents, some kids have to put up with parents who don’t love them and some parents even hurt their kids.”

  “I know,” she whispered. “What are your parents like?” she asked me.

  “They’re alright,” I whispered after a pause.

  Luckily she wasn't paying much attention to me at the moment so she didn’t notice my slow reaction.

  “You know, if your friends fall out with you just because of your parents, they’re not worth even thinking about. They obviously weren’t good mates,” I whispered.

  “I suppose,” she mumbled. “You’re like the only person I can talk to now, though. Thanks.”

  “It’s no problem Liza. Sometimes you have to talk to someone,” I sighed knowing how desperately I needed to talk to Cole.

  “Do you want to come around mine after school?” she asked. “Please don’t let my parents scare you or my cousin, he’ll be there too.”

  “Erm,” I panicked, not really wanting to hang out with her to be honest. “I'm not sure if I can make it tonight.”

  She stared at me wide eyed, which slightly freaked me out. She has really big eyes anyway so when they get wider it’s quite scary.

  “Why not?” she asked me in her cute little pleading voice which she knew I'd answer to.

  “Well, I'm...”

  “Please come,” she begged.

  “Fine, but I don’t know what time I’ll be able to get there...”

  “I’ll be fine as long as you come,” she grinned as she stood up and walked off.

  That was... odd. Now I’m going to spent time at her house. Great, how exciting is that. And her parents will be there; what a joy! Words can’t describe how much I'm looking forward to this.

  “I'm so sarcastic,” I mumbled to myself as I walked back towards Mr. Sanders’ office.

  I stood outside of his door for a few minutes, just to make sure I wanted to do this. I know it’s not going to be easy but he’ll make it better, I hope. He’ll defiantly make me feel much better on the inside about it anyway. He has that kind of effect on me.