Chapter 22

Chapter 22

  I barged through the door to Cole’s office and quickly tried to make it up to him.

  “Itwasn’twhatitlookedlike!” I panted, pushing my words out so fast that they all came out as one.

  When my eyes met his I knew how much I’d hurt him, he looked absolutely heartbroken. I knew he was holding back tears which meant a lot to me. I know it sounds weird that I'm happy about this but it proves how much he cares about me.

  “I’m sorry,” I whispered, taking the seat that was in front of his desk.

  He turned away from me and acted that he didn’t want my apologies or excuses.

  “Miranda and her chav bimbos were attacking her and when I was trying to cheer her up she got the wrong message and she kind of kissed me,” I explained giving him a sincere look. “And I really am sorry. I never meant it to happen.”

  “You let her kiss you?” he sniffed, which was enough to break my insides when I knew how much pain he was feeling.

  “I know and I'm sorry,” I told him truthfully looking him right in his gorgeous brown eyes.

  “I over reacted, huh?” he sighed as he wiped some of the tears from his face.

  “Yes you did,” I sighed. “So I had to leave Liza on her own after being beat up in front of everyone and being rejected by me. Now I feel like an utter jerk.”

  “You’re far from a jerk Zack,” he said as he walked over to me and gently kissed my lips. “And I totally forgive you,” he whispered lightly into my ear making me shiver.

  “Thanks,” I sighed and pecked his lips just as he did to me.

  “We need to be more careful after last time,” Cole sighed. “No more kissing, hugging or anything like that at school.”

  “What if we make sure no one’s around?” I asked, desperate to be able to do what I like with him whenever.

  “Too risky,” he sighed as he sat down in his seat again. “But we can have fun before school if we meet up in the café a few more times, can’t we?” he said then winked at me.

  I blushed lightly and he chuckled as he noticed.

  “You’re so cute Zack,” he muttered.

  He laughed harder as I blushed more.

  “You’re adorable,” he cooed as he patted my nose. “But you get embarrassed way too easily,” he laughed.

  “No I don’t,” I mumbled.

  “You seriously are the cutest thing ever,” he said softly.

  I felt so insecure right now but it was a good feeling to be out of my comfort zone for once. Sure I get complimented on my looks quite a lot but when it comes from a guy like Cole it just about kills me inside.

  “Cole,” I whispered sounding more embarrassed than I wanted to.

  “What’s up?”

  “You know when I have to speak to you after lunch?”

  “Yes,” he smiled. “I never forget my sessions with you,” he winked.

  “Could I talk to you about that time I was...” my voice cut off before I could say it out loud and my body started shaking.