Chapter 34

Chapter 34

  When I left Cole I felt a bit better, but then I remembered I’d have to go to form. I’m not going there. Not if he’s going to be there. What if he speaks to me? What if he simply looks at me? It’s settled; I'm not going to form today! No chance!

  I could always start drinking again, but it’s a bad habit I'm trying to give up for now. It’s probably best that I don’t take any of the drugs I have stashed in my bag either. They’re not exactly good for me. So, what else can I do? Thinking or just sitting and doing nothing is a big no; I’ll just end up remembering things I don’t want to remember or thinking about things I’d rather not.

  There must be something to do! Somewhere where I can hide away from everyone and everything for an hour tops. That way I won’t miss too much and could just say I was late. Great plan! The only problem is there isn't a place I can run away to; at least not here at school.

  As I roamed the corridors I bumped into a friendly face and smiled at him. Why wasn't he in form? There’s not much of a chance that he’d got sent out. Maybe he didn’t want to go in either.

  “Hey Zan,” I whispered so nearby teachers couldn’t hear us.

  “Hi,” he smiled at me.

  “You’re not in form?” I said, making it sound like more of a question than an observation.

  “I’d rather not be there today,” he sighed. “Do you want to go somewhere else?” he asked me.

  I nodded smugly and followed him through the door which led to the yard and then we sneaked around the building and out of the gates at the front of the school. Freedom!

  “Where are we going now?” I asked.

  “You’re the one who lives around here,” he chuckled. “I'm new; I don’t know where anything is.”

  “How about the beach?” I suggested. “We can be back by lunch.”

  “Sounds great Zack,” he grinned. “Lead the way,” he said gesturing in front of him.

  “Gladly.”

  At that moment I really wanted to take hold of his hand but in the end I decided against it. He might find it weird. Plus I'm with someone. Someone I love and really care about... Holding hands with him wouldn't change that though, would it?

***

  We walked all the way to the beach by the café. By the time we got there I was so worn out that I had to borrow money from Zander to get a drink to try and cool me down. I have no idea how I’ll pay him back but I promised that I would.

  “Do you want to muck about on the beach?” I asked him, smirking a little.

  “Go on then,” he smiled.

  I watched as he walked out of the room for a moment. He looked amazing from behind. Heck there wasn't an angle he didn’t look incredible from. Whichever side you see of him is impressive; perfect even. I can’t believe I'm thinking these things about him. I'm sure he’d be uncomfortable if he knew.

  “Have you got your phone with you?” he asked me as we were walking down onto the beach.

  “Mr. Sanders’ got it,” I frowned, trying to make Zan think it had been confiscated. “Why?” I asked him.

  “I wanted some pictures,” he blushed.

  “Oh did you now?” I said reacting to the pink in his cheeks. “Why would you want them Zan?” I asked in a teasing voice.