35 • Careful Of The Jeep ✓

Chapter 35: Careful Of The Jeep 

I gave Stiles a glare as we pull up to the Sheriffs station. He made us go to some veggie place and get healthy  food for his dad, then told me that I might as well get something from there too because he isn't driving anywhere else as his Jeep is low on gas.

So now I have to eat healthy food.

"I don't know why you're complaining!" he called to me as I slam the door shut, "And don't take it out on the jeep!"

"I'm complaining 'cause I would like to be devouring a burger right now." I sulked, crossing my arms and following him inside.

He gave me a sheepish look, "Technically it is a burger what we got you."

"What you got me more like." I muttered, "And a veggie burger is not the same." 

Stiles waved to the officer behind the main desk who just rolled her eyes at him, he just shrugged it off and opened his dads office door with one hand, the other holding a big bag of food for us all.

"Hey Stiles- and Mia." Noah furrowed his eyebrows.

"Hi," I smiled, taking a seat opposite his desk while Stiles takes all the food out of the bag.

"What you guys doing here?"

Stiles looked up for a second, "I thought I'd bring you dinner and Mia wanted to hang out so I thought we could just have dinner together." He shrugged.

Noah looked over at me, "Remind me, why do you want to hang out with him?"

"He's not that bad." I confessed, picking up the veggie burger and salad from the table that Stiles just put everything on. "Only bad thing is his taste in food." I muttered.

Stiles sent me a look, "Not that  bad? Would you be dating someone who wasn't that bad?" He teased, making his dads eyes widen.

"You're dating?" He gaped, pointing his finger between us, "You two?"

"Yes, dad. Thanks for your confidence in me." He huffed, sitting next to me as his dad then took a seat.

I looked up from the tasteless food and saw the wall behind the Sheriff, and my eyes widened slightly. He has a whole board behind him which is what's helping him solve all of the murders, which makes me feel slightly bad as he is going in the complete wrong direction as he has no clue what all the supernatural is and what's really causing all the problems around here.

"Oh, what the hell is this?"

I turned back to the Sheriff and saw him glaring at his son with the veggie burger in hand, Stiles just responded with a shrug, "Veggie burger."

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger." Noah insisted, making me nod my head.

"Me too."

"Well, veggie is healthier." Stiles chirped, waving his hand in the air which was holding his food. "We're being healthy." 

Noah just sighed angrily in defeat before opening a container which had something that looked like carrots in there, "Oh, hell, why are you trying to ruin my life?"

"I actually asked him the exact same thing when we got this." I agreed, poking at my salad and slowly moving the burger towards the bin.

Stiles sighed, "I'm trying to extend your life, okay? Could you just eat it, please?"

"Why the hell am I being made to eat this then?" I huffed, but putting a bit of lettuce in my mouth anyway.

Stiles just nudged me in the ribs, "So... What have you found?"