01 • Slapping Greenberg ✓

Chapter 01: Slapping Greenberg

There are times in life where you are faced with an unbelievable situation. 

Like finding out your cat just died, someone just finished the last of the oreo's or your asshole of a teacher bumped your grade down just because you may have called them an asshole to their face after a rather intense debate in class about human rights which he, apparently didn't agree with. But moving on from the tragic tales of Harris' lessons. 

Right now, I am in one of these situations. Sort of. 

"Lydia, I swear to God if you make me wear anything remotely frilly I will take Prada, put him in a box and leave him at the side of the preserve so wildlife can take away that little runt and he'll finally be where he belongs."

Lydia rolled her eyes, throwing a skirt at me. "Calm down. I know what's good for you, and if you did too? You'd shut up." She said with narrowed eyes. "And don't ever, and I mean ever, lay a hand on Prada. I will end you." Oh. There goes my plans to get rid of that flea-bag. I have nothing wrong with dogs at the slightest, on the contrary I love them. It's just that Lydia's dog is the Devil spawn who likes to repeatedly bark at everything that moves and bite me, constantly.

"Pfft, you would so not end me. That would go against your master plan of the Martin sisters taking over the world..." I stand up on my bed and throw my arms in the air dramatically, closing my eyes and shouting. "Come at us world! We can take you! We got heels and bratty dogs on our side, bitch!" I open one eye to see her staring back at me with a disapproving glare. "What? I thought you wanted enthusiasm?" I jumped down onto my bed and twirled a bit of my hair around my finger while smiling innocently at Lydia who, still, is glaring at me.

"Yes, enthusiasm. Not... Whatever the hell that was." She said waving her arms around to gesture something that probably resembles my awesomeness.

I just simply shrugged and looked back at the wardrobe she was currently standing in. "So, what do you got for me?"

"Well... We desperately need to take you shopping. But..." She pulled out a yellow skater skirt, a blue button up blouse and beige heels. "This will be perfect, the guys," She paused, tilting her head. "Or girls, will be all over you." She added with a wink.

"Lydia, the last guy who was all over me was Greenberg, I slapped him so hard that Coach literally gave me twenty dollars and said if I ever do it again he will make it fifty... now that I'm thinking about it, it is a really tempting offer.. and its basically a public service now that you think of it."

------

I was in Gym getting ready to climb that dreaded wall. So, I was prepping myself. I tightened my ponytail and started jogging on the spot with a look of pure determination on my face. I was not letting a wall defeat me. Amelia Martin does not answer to walls. Out of the corner of my eye I could see some kid with a buzz-cut just starting to climb up, not gonna lie but i was staring at his butt. It was a cute butt.

Shaking my head to rid the thoughts of thinking about a kid who I don't even know the name of's butt, I started stretching. I bent down to touch my toes when I felt a hand on my ass. Standing up immediately I turned around and came face to face with Greenberg. I gave him my best death stare while he just smirked at me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I shouted, attracting the attention of the whole class, even the kid on the wall was staring down at us.

"Just admiring the lovely views gym class has to offer." Sorry, Creepy Greenberg say what?

"Excuse me?" I hissed, my eye was literally twitching at this point. Greenberg has gone to the point of no return.

"Hey Mia why don't we just go over there-," Danny tried to calm the situation but nope, that is not happening. I will destroy Greenberg. 

"No. Danny. This asshole just touched something that he will never have the pleasure of even looking at again." I was still glaring at Greenberg imagining his head exploding but alas, that was not happening.

He started laughing and looking around the room as if he was now bored. I will give this bastard something to be laughing about...

"Hey, asshat." He turned around to look at me, ironically after me calling him an asshat (he must know), and my hand went straight to his face. The sound of my palm hitting his cheek echoed around the gym, as well as a few 'ooh's' from the crowd we somehow managed to gather.

I smirked at his shocked expression, I wish I could have pictured this amazing moment in history.

"Hey! Hey! What's going on here?!" Coach shouted as he stood next to me.

"Nothing Coach. Just Greenberg getting what was coming to him." I said as I crossed my arms and looked to Coach awaiting what he was going to say with a raised eyebrow. 

To my surprise, he actually smiled. Like a smile. The Bobby Finstock, Coach. Smiling. Someone needs to get me a trophy, or throw me a parade. I'm fine with either or both.

"That's my girl, Martin! Greenberg! Take a lap on the field!"

"But Coach I-,"

"Am harassing a girl?" Coach mocked, putting on a high pitched voice. "No! I don't enjoy hearing your voice! Go!" He shouted, making Greenberg leg it out of the gym. I turned my gaze back to Coach who was smiling happily. The expression you would expect on a old lady who just found out that Wal-Mart had a sale on sweaters. "Martin. You are my new favourite person. Here." He reached into his pocket and gave me $20. Best way to make money, ever.

------

"Hello! Earth to Mia!"

"Huh, what?" I looked up to Lydia and squinted my eyes at her.

"You like, spaced out... you were thinking of hitting Greenberg again weren't you?" She said with accusing eyes. Seriously this girl has a lot of facial expressions just by using her eyes... its actually kind of creepy.

"Heh, yeah... That was a good day."

It was a great day.

She shook her head. "Anyway, we need to go to sleep." The she-devil said as she shut my wardrobe. "Long day a head of us tomorrow, gotta show Beacon High just what they missed during the break." She said with a wink then turning round and walking out of my room to hers across the hall.

"Stop winking at me! It's suggestive and highly inappropriate!" I shouted out to her.

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT!"

"YOU LOVE ME!"

"NO I DON'T YOU HAVE THE WORST HUMOUR I HAVE EVER SEEN IN A PERSON!"

"WHAT NO I DON'T-," How dare she?

"GIRLS WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP AND GO TO BED!"

Wow mom, interrupt me and not Lydia. I see whose side your on.

I sigh and look over to my outfit for tomorrow. Sophomore year here we come.

----------

AUTHORS NOTE:

Ok so this is my first fic, ever. Please tell me what you think of it, it will help a lot!

Follow/Comment/Vote! xo

edited on: 27/04/21