19 • Awkward Shopping Situations ✓

Chapter 19: Awkward Shopping Situations

I completely regret agreeing on going to formal now, I almost forgot how much I hated dress shopping. Almost.

"Mia." Lydia said softly from beside me as we trailed behind Alison who seemed to be speed walking over to the escalators.

"Yeah?" I replied, not taking my eyes off of Allison.

She was acting weird the whole way here, constantly asking if I had talked to Stiles or if I had a date to the formal which I apparently keep forgetting about.

"Are we okay? You know, like.. Still sisters right?" She asked nervously.

"Still sisters, I spoke to mom about everything.. Don't worry." I smiled before tugging her by the arm and pulling her towards Allison who was waiting as us by the escalator. "Now if you are forcing me to shop, then lets freaking shop so we can get this out of the way."

We made our way up the escalator in awkward silence, I'm not sure what is up with it but its weird. Allison has the strangest look on her face, as if she is thinking about a million things at once.

"Alright, what's wrong with you?" Lydia questioned, apparently she noticed too.

"Nothing's wrong, I just - I have a lot on my mind." Allison shrugged.

I raised an eyebrow at Allison, a silent question whether she was telling the truth or not. She obviously wasn't, and she obviously wasn't going to share with Lydia. She just shook her head and looked back over at the girl beside us.

"You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, 'Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile'? Smile, Allison. Lydia is going to be buying you a dress and if you want I can buy us food after." I offered as soon as we got off of the escalator.

"Have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected." Allison mused.

Apologies? I thought we were fine... Plus I am only going as far as buying food in Mcdonald's or something.

"What do you-"

"But not as much as I'm going to ask." Allison cut me off. I looked over at Lydia who looked equally as confused as I did.

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked slowly.

She is going to make me get food at somewhere that will cost more that thirty dollars isn't she..

"It means you're going to get a date sorted for prom, you are definitely not going stag and me and Scott know exactly who you should, and will, go with." Allison stated, almost smugly. Nope. Who am I kidding, she has the smuggest grin possible on her face.

I, yet again, looked at Lydia to help me out. She still looks as clueless as I am, why would Allison and Scott-

So thats what she has been acting weird on the way here.

But Scott too? Why would they both..

They wouldn't.

"Who?" Lydia asked, still clueless.

I looked back at Allison and glared at her, she simply shrugged and pointed in front of us to the perfume stand where the one and only Stiles was sniffing away at the various perfumes on offer.

"Him." She grinned, nudging me in the arm.

"But- you know what- we, I- Allison I hate you." I grumbled.

Not that I had anything against Stiles, at all. But I was kind of trying to prolong the inevitable awkwardness. Saying I was just gonna kiss him to Scott sounded better than doing.