02 • What Do You Mean No Breakfast? ✓

Chapter 02: What Do You Mean No Breakfast?

Me and Zac Efron are sat on a beach together enjoying the sunset. Well, he is enjoying the sunset, I am enjoying his face, his eyes, his arms, those abs...

"Hey Zac?" I call out, in a voice that sounds way more airy than I thought I could achieve.

"Huh? Yeah?" He turned round to face me. Damn, that's a gorgeous face.

"Can I like never wake up please?"

"I wish." He chuckles. "I'm sorry Mia. I think you gotta wake up now." I looked at him confused and furrowed my brows.

"What? Why? I don't wanna leave yet! What crazy person would leave you half naked on a beach!" I pouted.

"Wake up." Well that doesn't sound like Zac. "Jesus Christ, Mia wake up!"

"Zac, you're really sounding like my sister Lydia right now. It's weird... Oh god she isn't in my dream is she? Can she dream hop? Is she like one of those Djinn from Supernatural or something?! Oh god am I dying?!"

"MIA GET YOUR PRETTY LITTLE ASS OUT OF BED NOW!"

"You think my ass is pretty?" I blushed. This guy is adorable.

Wait, why is Zac Efron talking to me in Lydia's voice? Thats pretty messed up, maybe I do need to go see the school counsellor more.

Much to my dismay, my perfect world with Zac Efron was fading away and I felt myself being shook by my shoulders. I groaned and rolled to the side to face this intruder, slowly opening my eyes and instantly regretting it. There standing before me was Lydia. Already dressed with her hair curled and makeup perfectly applied.

"Ugh finally! I was beginning to think you were comatose!"

"Lydia. Long words. Me. Morning. No go." I grumbled as I pulled my blankets off of my legs reluctantly.

Lydia laughed. "If thats what you class as a long word I really do feel sad for your grades." She stated smugly.

"Not all of us got the genius gene okay? Give me a break woman." I looked up to see that she was no where in sight. I don't know whether to be happy she left me in peace or pissed that she ditched me mid-conversation. I'm a great conversationalist, how dare she do that. How dare she.

Grabbing my clothes off of the dresser and getting into the bathroom to get ready I began thinking, what does sophomore year have planned for me? 

I don't want to be sat with Lydia all the time, with people constantly worshipping the ground she walks on. I want to openly have a conversation about the things I can't talk about when Lydia is around to brand me as a 'nerd' which she has. Multiple times. 

Maybe this year I can find a new found confidence in me and find some new people to hang with. I want to be able to eat some chocolate without having Lydia complain about it becoming a future addiction that will lead to me living on my own at 40 with only Reese's to keep me company. Which honestly? I didn't think sounds bad at all but apparently it is.

Ugh. There's way too much thinking for the morning. I need food, preferably something with a high sugar content.

------

Walking into the kitchen, I see my mom sat at the kitchen table reading a newspaper. She smiles warmly at me as she looks up. "Oh, hey honey."

I look up from where I just walked into the kitchen to find my mom sat at the table, but there is no food.