20 • Caught In The Crossfire ✓

Chapter 20: Caught In The Crossfire

The car ride over to the school was the worst thing I have ever experienced in life, the awkward tension probably couldn't even be frayed with a knife.

Lydia made me sit in the back so she didn't have to climb over the seats and ruin her dress, but it's perfectly fine for my to ruin my dress apparently.

As soon as Stiles parked the car in front of the school Lydia stormed out and into the hall, probably off to find the spiked punch and a guy from the swim team. Maybe even both at the same time.

Stiles got out after her and pulled his seat forward letting me get out, I mumbled a quick thanks and looked at the building in front of me while Stiles locked the car.

Something just doesn't feel right, with everything thats happened lately are we really actually going to have a normal high school experience?

"You okay?"

I looked over my shoulder at Stiles who was standing behind me looking at me questioningly.

"Yeah, just. Nothing I guess, I think I'm just still a little freaked out from what happened last time we were at the school when it was dark." I replied, glancing back at the school.

"Yeah it's weird to be back without being chased down by a psychotic alpha werewolf." He chuckled, walking forward so he was beside me.

I didn't say anything back, just nodded.

"You look beautiful, if I forgot to mention earlier." I heard him say, I turn my head to see Stiles staring at me.

"Not too bad yourself, Stilinski." I smiled, "Now lets go find some punch that has hopefully been spiked with copious amounts of alcohol and dance the night away." I put my arm through his and pulled him forwards, he nearly tripped over his own feet but he quickly regained his composure.

"Did you just say copious? Do you even know what that means?" Stiles laughed.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Of course I do, have you met my sister? Walking dictionary?"

Stiles nodded his head slowly, accepting that Lydia is my personal dictionary and opened up the gym doors for us.

"Shall we find Allison?" I suggest to Stiles.

"Yeah, Scott should be here soon anyway."

"Didn't coach like ban him or something?" I could have sworn Allison mentioned something, especially as she is here with Jackson.

"He is," Stiles pursed his lips, looking around the room. "Finding a way in."

"Well that doesn't sound promising." I chuckled, scanning the room for Allison.

I wasn't gonna bother even finding Lydia, she is probably in the back of the room with a guy more than willing to show her some affection.

"There she is." Stiles points over to a table not too far away from us.

Still with my arm around his we walk over and take a seat at her table, she immediately looks up and sends us a smile. I have never seen a more faked smile come from her face.

"Where did Jackass go?" I ask her, removing my arm from Stiles' and unwrapping a small chocolate from the centre of the table before throwing it in my mouth.

"To get drinks I think, or making out with some blonde," She shrugged. "Couldn't care less." She laughed lightly.

"Do you want a drink?" Stiles asked me, already standing up.