23 • Hospital Visits ✓

Chapter 23: Hospital Visits

Hospitals are a creepy place to be at night. Especially when you are on your own, unable to get out of bed without severely hurting yourself, the lights are all off, and the only sounds are the sounds of the night staff's shoes clicking along the hallways.

So when I was somewhat comfortable and ready to sleep till I heard the door creek open, saying that I'm scared would be an understatement.

I clenched my eyes shut, holding onto the uncomfortable blanket tightly as the sound of footsteps approached me.

"I know you're awake." A deep, but very familiar voice spoke.

Derek.

I opened my eyes and saw Derek leaning against the wall closest to me with his arms crossed staring down at me.

"Derek? What are you doing here?" I asked him in a tired voice.

"Can't a guy come see his buddy?"

Wait, what?

"B-buddy?"

"Yeah, Mia, Buddy." He smiled.

I shifted a little so I could see him better, "Okay, are you trying to lift my hopes up then shit on them or something by buddying then un-buddying me because thats not funny."

"What? No.. I just wanted to visit little Mia in hospital after she was shot -," Derek paused, moving over to sit in the seat next to me.

I opened my mouth to say something about him calling me little but he quickly started talking again, "After she was caught in a werewolf fight and shot by a hunter who thought she was.. One of me."

I frown at him, "Where are you going with this?"

"What I'm trying to say is that," He leant forward so he could look directly in my eyes, this is pretty intimidating. "If you were a werewolf then you wouldn't be stuck in here, you wouldn't be weak and practically immobile."

"Still not getting what you're getting at." I sighed, leaning my head back down on the pillow and closing my eyes.

"Imagine if you were stronger, faster, and just generally better in every way." He carried on.

"Huh?"

"Do you want the bite?"

My eyes opened again quickly in shock, what the hell?

He came here to bite me?

Thats just, thats... I honestly don't know what to think.

"What?! No!" I quickly answered him, staring at him in complete shock while he just stared at me.

"Mia," He frustratingly sighed. "The bite, the bite is a gift -,"

I held my hand up in the air, "No, no way are you allowed to give me that crappy 'the bite is a gift'," I mocked in a deep voice. "- speech you gave Scott, I see Scott literally having to visibly calm himself down everyday just so he doesn't brutally murder the whole school. That doesn't sound like a gift to me. If you didn't know this already, I have a bit of a temper sometimes. Don't think that you all would be able to handle werewolf Mia."

His jaw visibly stiffened as he stood up and glared down at me, "How is being stuck in the hospital better than getting healed?"

"I-its not, obviously. But whats life without a little pain? Or well, a lotta pain... But still. Just healing my way out of things isn't right, Der."

"How about this then, think about Stiles," Oh no, he isn't gonna go there. "What if he wants a werewolf for a girlfriend? What if he gets bored of seeing you in the hospital, weak, fragile and unable. Huh?"